This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cameron's birthday at the cabin!

We celebrated Cameron's 26th birthday at the cabin! His birthday was really a few days away, but we decided to celebrate it while we were all together at the cabin.
He requested sausage vegetable stir-fry pasta! This is such a delicious recipe that I got from a good friend. First you stir-fry an assortment of veggies such as red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers, onion, zucchini, etc. in olive oil.
Then you brown breakfast sausage and make bow-tie pasta.
Then you mix it all together and add chopped tomatoes and cilantro and sprinkle it with parmesan cheese.
We also made quick and easy garlic bread sticks. I bought bake and serve breadsticks, sprayed them with olive oil and sprinkled parmesan cheese and garlic salt on top. They taste pretty close to the ones they serve at Olive Garden!
First we had appetizers outside by the fire.
I also served Top Ramen/cabbage salad.
We had a delicious dinner!
Happy birthday Cameron! I love you and am so very proud of you! You have blessed our family beyond words!!!
I brought the special plate for him to eat on!
Family!
Instead of a birthday cake for dessert, Cameron requested chocolate fondue with.....
.....chopped up bananas, pineapple, strawberries and also.....
.....sugar cookie dough (which I rolled into balls) and Lorna Doone cookies to dip in it. We also tried marshmallows.
Make a wish!
Cameron took the first dip!
It was so much fun and so delicious! We all loved it! We were all so giddy and funny while partaking, I think we all had sugar rushes! haha! What a fun memory I have of this moment!
Hayden deep in conversation.
Time to open gifts! Hayden gave Cameron a homemade card along with...
....a twenty dollar bill!
Grandma and Grandpa gave him another nice card with some cash.
What's this?
It's a box of candy and from the look on his face, he doesn't like it.  haha! My kids are always so funny! I think he was just so full of sugar from the fondue that the thought of more sugar was not a good one!
We have a set budget that we set for birthdays for all the kids. Cameron asked for cash rather than a gift this year to buy something special he was saving for, so that's what we did. I just hate only giving money; it feels weird to not have them open something, so threw in a bunch of candy. Also, another tradition that we have is that they always get a Goodwill present on top of their regular stuff. This year I found him a wonderful set of camping dishes made of tin, which he loved!
He's pretty happy! He's putting all the money together to get a tattoo that he has planned, designed and thought about for many years.
After the birthday celebration, we all went out on the back deck to relax.
The boys got out the BB gun and started doing a little target practicing.
Now Hayden's turn.
Mackenzie's throwing a marshmallow in the water for Hayden to try and shoot.
Go for it Hayden!
It looks like he got it!
Now Cameron's turn.
Now Grayson's!
Guess who's giving it a try now?
Yup! Grandma Alice!
She loved it and she was so cute!!! Grayson took this picture with his phone and posted it on Facebook with this caption "My amazing Grandma in BEAST MODE!" haha!
It was getting late and Grandma and Grandpa needed to get on the road. I love how my husband and my sons help Grandma so lovingly.
We had a great time with them. I love them both so much!
Many good memories were made and it meant so much to Alice to be able to come up and spend time with us. I'm especially glad we did this since she's been in the nursing home.
The next morning we got up and had a big family breakfast together.
I made a delicious ham, egg and cheese casserole served with fruit and muffins.
After that everyone pitched in with the dishes and then we quickly went into the packing up and cleaning up mode. Our time at the cabin was over.
Oh what a blessed time we had together at this little place. I hope we can come back next year!

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.  Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love." I John 4:7-8
Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Aahhh...what fun! Happy belated (?) birthday to Cameron. A tattoo, huh?!! Love the pic of Alice & the BB gun! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...