This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, June 29, 2012

4th of July decorations!

It's that time again! Independence Day is just around the corner. I love celebrating with the rest of America this very special day for America! Today I wanted to share our 4th of July decorations for this year.
The house is all covered in red, white and blue!
It looks great with our red door!
I was so thrilled when I found these half-circle flags at our local variety store. They are not the best quality, but they have the look I want and have been wanting for several years now! I'm so excited!!
I love the 4th of July!
Here's a fresh little red pot filled with white and blue flowers. Note the little lady bug next to the pot, I found that at a thrift store. It's so darling and it's homemade by a child!
Our pretty red front door!
I found this cute USA sign at the Dollar Store.
Cute combination with our vintage mail box.
I pushed the "Easy Button" for this one, I simply tucked two mini flags into my red, white and blue berry wreath.
I simply placed a flag blanket on the wicker setee and tucked flags into the flower pots.
I love how patriotic it all turned out!
I can't believe what a difference it makes to simply placing small flags into the flower pots! It just perks them up and makes them look so proud to be American!
This flag-inspired bird house plaque is a new thrift store find.
So that's it for the front porch, lets head inside!
I made this little display for the entry way table. I just grouped together some fun patriotic items and placed them on a star-bordered plate.
This is the half-circle flag that I had on my front porch before I found the three new ones. It is better quality and wasn't cheap, so at the time I purchased it, I just bought one. I quickly regretted it and went back to the store to buy two more and there were no more left. For several years after that I was constantly on the hunt for two more and never found any. That is why I was so excited to find my new ones. Even though they are not as good of quality as this one, they give our home that patriotic look that I wanted! So, I had this one extra to use and I hung it on the mantle. I love how it looks here!
More flags tucked into a vase of flowers hat my girlfriend Shannon gave me.
Here's a quick and simple idea, which I have showed you before. I have done this many times with other holidays. This is an old cardboard cut out that was meant to go on the walls at a grade school. I found a whole box full of these from all the different holidays at a thrift store. They used to belong to a teacher and they all date back to the 50s and 60s.  All I did was hot glue a piece of ribbon on it and it becomes this wonderful, fun banner type of wall hanging!
Here's a little fun display that's in our laundry room.
I love that paper heart-flag hanging on my pantry door.
This is my display on the top of our book shelf in the kitchen.
Love this little sign!
Another patriotic display in the kitchen window.
This big candle is a new find this year. It looks really awesome when lit; it gives off a pretty glow. They were made i n1976 for the Bicentennial and I remember them. I'm pretty sure we had one at our house or at one of my friend's house.
I added a star-covered plate to my tiered cake dome rack and hung cute Dollar Tree towels on the oven door.
Here's another fun and easy way to look festive for Independence Day. I laid out three star-shaped dishes and filled them with patriotic wrapped tootsie rolls. Easy peasy!!!
Oh, and I must show you my 4th of July coffee mug collection!
I pull these out about two weeks before the holiday for all of us to use. This one is my favorite.
In this corner of the kitchen I have my two little liberty elves.
So sweet!
I love their precious faces and expressions!
Another Dollar Tree sign.
I purchased this quilt in a basket full of goodies at one of the auctions we went to. I had it tucked away and forgot about it until this year and I pulled it out thinking that it would be perfect for the 4th of July! It sure perks up our dark leather couch!
Above it I have my patriotic rag swag hanging.
I found this tray this year at a garage sale. I love the Eagle! He's so majestic!
Here's a little vignette in the powder room.
So that's it for the inside of the house, let's go out on the back deck. I found these two cute little stars and striped buckets at Goodwill and put red pilar candles in them.
Basically all I did back here weas put small flags in all the flower pots.
Cute!
I love this birdhouse! It actually sits here year round.
Here's one of my inside decorations that got "demoted" to the backyard! haha! When I tire of things on the inside of my house, I try to use them outside if I can.
I hung this cute wreath over the mirror on the back porch. I like how it looks.
Well, that's it! I hope you enjoyed my 4th of July decorations. I would like to wish all of you a very happy 4th of July and hope that you get to enjoy it with those that you love!

May God bless America!

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty." II Corinthians 3:17

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Mardell said...

Wow!! You really did well! I love seeing what you do for all of the holidays, Sharon. Your home is so pretty & inviting.

Have a great weekend. Can't believe it's here already! :o)

Anonymous said...

Your house looks amazing Sharon , so welcoming. Happy Fourth to you and your family . We are celebrating in Canada on July 1st, it is canada Day . Donna

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!.
I love how you have memories attached to all of your items.
This is a happy home!.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon!

Wow everything looks wonderful! I have always like how you decorate for every holiday! Thanks for always sharing! I read and commented also on your first blog.And I have read every post on your new blog. You are such a inspiration!

Pamela
Ohio

Anonymous said...

I love your decorations! Your house looks so festive:)

I was wondering what you would recommend as far as devotionals or what do you read in the morning to stay close with God? I know there is the bible, but would you recommend anything else? Thank you for your help. I remember reading blogs of yours where you are sitting and reading with your coffee.
Beth
Michigan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...