This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Playing Halo with Hayden....

My son is a huge Xbox fan and he really loves the game "Halo".  I am not video game player. They are just not my thing. Way back in the day, I got a little addicted to the original "Mario Brothers", but once I conquered it, I never played it again. Over the years I have tried to play with my boys, just to hang out and be with them, but I never understood it or was any good at it. Well, Eric was out of town and it was just going to be Hayden and I at home, so I told him that I'd like it if he could teach me how to play Halo. He said he could try to teach me with a simple beginner game, so it was a date!
I bought us both some Subway and we took it up to his room to play.
He put on a simple game for me to play. I was taking it quit serious!
Unfortunately, I failed miserably!
I don't get it! I can't get my guy to move, let alone make him shoot his gun.
Meanwhile, Hayden is totally kicking my hiney!
I'm taking a break and taking a bite!
I gave it the good old college try, but to no avail!
I think I'll leave the video game playing to Hayden. 

So I learned that video games are not my thing, but I tell ya, time spent with my son is priceless!

“My son, listen to your father when he corrects you. And don’t ignore what your mother teaches you.” Proverbs 1:8


Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

My 8 yr. old is an Xbox 360 fanatic! It's crazy how that kid can handle & maneuver the controls. Way too fast for this ol' mama. Gotta give you lots of kudos for trying, Sharon! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...