This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, May 25, 2012

Our home office....

So now that you've seen my pretty new china hutch that I placed in our office, I'll show you the rest of the room.
We have an antique desk in there which holds office supplies and important papers.
We have a cute old vintage chair from the 40s.
And this neat old armoire.
I keep my work clothes in this closet, so I go in this room quite often. I love it!
This glass front bookcase is actually an old gun cabinet that we got for free!
My husband added the shelves for me.
It had a deer stenciled on the front and I scraped it off with a razor blade.
I like to keep all of my decorating books and my Christmas books in here.
This is one of my favorite books. It just think it is sooo cute! It's a vintage sewing book with darling pictures inside.
This armoire has had many purposes. It has held clothes, games, vases and candles. Can you guess what's hiding in here now???
Yep, more dishes!
I started collecting amber glass because it goes so beautifully with the brown transferware china. This all looks so lovely together for a fall tablesetting.
I started picking up fun dishes in sets of two for my plans to have special dinners with my hubby and set a pretty table for two up in our living room using a card table.
I really want to make a delicious french dinner and use these black and white transferware dishes and use the cute Bon Appetite coffee cups!
On the bottom shelf I just have a mix match of miscellaneous things.
Let's go back to the desk area and look a little closer.
I put this cool antique lamp on top of some old gardening books.
I put my God's promise books on this end under this pretty brass lamp.
I placed a few old bears with this "Believe" sign next to this cool box.
I love this old box! Someone actually glued all of these old stamps all over it.
My boys use to keep their treasures in it.
Now it holds my treasures!
These are tourist keepsakes from the places we have traveled with our kids. Years ago we decided to collect these instead of the typical touristy type of things like t-shirts, mugs, hats, drinking glasses because they are cheap, easy to travel with and easy to store and display at home! They were also fun to get, we would often search all through places we visited looking for one of the machines. I have good memories of the boys turning the crank waiting to get their smashed coins.
Well, that's it for the the office redo. I like how it turned out. It's funny how the purchase of the new china hutch caused all of these changes, but I sure do like them.

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." Proverbs 18:10

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Mardell said...

Sharon,
Your office is amazing. It is so warm and inviting. I love every last detail! Thanks so much for sharing a peek. I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend.

Hugs,
Mardell

as always starzie said...

I love everything you've done! Your rooms are so warm and cozy! It's making me want to get going on some projects of my own!
Take care and have a great weekend!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

I love the multi functions of that room it looks so cosy . I think your antique desk needs a really comfy chair in front of it too. I love where you have dishes stashed too . I have dishes in many different places in my home and when i think I couldnt possible have anymore I find some that just have to live with me. I have a hard time passing up florals and mirrors . Have a great long weekend with your family . I am sure thee will be a get together in there somewhere for you all. Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...