This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to my two Mamas!

 I took my mother out to lunch for Mother's Day last week. I wish I could have taken her this weekend, but Hayden has his District track meets.
 I took her to her favorite restaurant and we ordered her favorite meal, shrimp salad!
 I am so thankful to my Mama for all of the things she did for me. She was a good mom. She loved me and she nurtured me. She taught me all kinds of things. She helped me to become a person of integrity and character. She taught me how to take care of my babies and how to raise my children. She's advised me in so many areas such as how to behave like a lady, falling in love, how to take care of my husband and my sons, dealing with difficult people, how to work hard, etc.
 Eric and I stopped in to visit his mother at the nursing home. She was not expecting us and we found here sitting at this table putting together a puzzle. We stayed and visited with her for a long time and helped her finish the puzzle.
She looked so good and she was very happy.
Eric and I stopped by to see her again the day before Mother's Day. She had one of her oldest and dearest friends, Darlene, there visiting while we were there and it was a great time.
It was so sweet to see them interact. They have known each other since they were young brides over 55 years ago!
We brought her these pretty flowers. She has been such a great mother to my husband, a great mother-in-law to me and a wonderful grandmother. She has inspired me and taught me many things. I love her.

I am so blessed with my two moms. I am so thankful for both of them.

To all of you mother's out there, Happy Mother's Day!

"Her children rise up and call her blessed." Proverbs 31:2a

Love, Sharon 

5 comments:

Mardell said...

What a beautiful tribute to your sweet moms. Happy Mother's Day to you, Sharon. Hope you have a wonderful day! :o)

PS: Do I see Eric growing a beard?!

Anonymous said...

Happy mothers Day to you Sharon . Hopefully it will be a sunny one for you at the track meet. Donna

Sue said...

I see three beautiful ladies here, Sharon. I would lIke to wish each of you a most blessed and Happy Mother's Day.
Love,
Sue

Rose of Sharon said...

Thank you ladies for the well wishes! I hope all of you have very happy mother's days too!

Nope, Mardell, he's not growing a beard, he just didn't shave for a few days. :0)

Hugs, Sharon

Mardell said...

Gotcha! However, he'd probably look pretty good with a beard. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...