This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Grad Announcements....

So a few weeks ago I blogged about getting this box that Hayden brought home from school (click here to read about it). It's his grad announcements. Well, the day has come that I need to get these off in the mail.
Eric and I were driving to a track meet which was an hour away, so I thought this would be a perfect time to work on them!
I just threw the box in the car and as we drove I made a little assembly line!
First I put the labels on the back of his senior pictures.
The labels have his name, the name of his school and the year he's graduating.
Next I grabbed the invitations and the little name cards.
And I placed a card inside each invitation.
I designed and printed off a party invitation insert. We're inviting family and friends over for a little luncheon party the Sunday after he graduates.
Then I grabbed a party invite and Hayden's senior picture and inserted them inside each announcement and then stuffed them in the inner envelope. That's all I had time for, but I accomplished a lot!
The next day I moved the operation to the dining room table to finish the job!
This is quite the job!
I stuffed the inner envelopes into the outer one, then put the little sticker on the back, and the address label, return address label and stamp on the front.
Wow, what a relief to get this task done! He graduates on June 8th and my goal was to get them in the mail by May 7th and I got them in the mail on May 5th! Whew!!!
You guys don't realize what this means. Yes, this is Hayden's stack of graduation announcements, but it represents the end of his high school career. This is the end of my career as a mom with boys in school. It's the end of something, but the beginning of new life and adventure for Hayden. I'm so proud of him and so happy for him.
But it's emotional on me too. Here I am at the post office ready to mail them off to all our friends and relatives. I'm happy to have this little job done and I'm excited for Hayden, but I'm also sad.
Signed, sealed and delivered. Wow...
There's that little booger now! As I drove home from the post office, I looked over at the gas station where he works and I saw him pumping gas. I honked and waved and snapped this quick picture. He waved back with a huge smile. I love that boy.

I love all my boys and really miss the days when they were all little and always around. Our home was so full of life and full of love. It still is, but it's quiet. I know that good things are still ahead and I need to concentrate on that and just remember the good times fondly instead of getting sad about it.

Happy, sad, happy, sad. I'm a mess. Mostly happy, but these waves of sadness hit me when I least expect it. I just want to feel even keeled again. I really think I will once it's all over. I sure hope so.

"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

as always starzie said...

Oh Sharon I know how you are feeling! My youngest is 26 still living at home. And I dread the day she moves out! I have been going thru boxes of all the papers I kept thru the years while they were in school. I think I kept everything! Also, I kept all of the cards that were sent to my kids for holidays. The ones from their Grandma are precious with hand written notes to each of my three kids. She has been gone for some time now but I think they will love going thru them and reading the words that their Grandma so lovingly wrote to each of them. I guess my message to you is when you are a real hands on Mom you will always have these moments occasionally when you get teary eyed just remembering the days when your children where little. You wish you could just go back for one day and be with them again as young children. So don't feel alone. I'm a Mom just like you! I guess life is full of sad, happy moments. Wait til you have Grandchildren! You just want to slow time down and appreciate every moment with them! Because we know how quickly time passes! It's the gift of being this age! You have so much to look forward to! I know you will love being a Grandma!
Hugs from,
Darlene

Rose of Sharon said...

Thank you Darlene for the lovely comment. I know I do have much in store, but it is hard when it's all ending. I agree with you that it's really hard when you've been a hands on mom, really involved in their lives. I am really leaning on the Lord through all of it. I do feel so blessed and am happy for Hayden, it's just that I miss those days when they were all little. I wish you the best!

Hugs, Sharon

Mardell said...

Hayden graduates on my son's 8th b-day ~~ not too far away! The Bulldog announcements are really cool. I like your assembly line method. I can't read in the car, it makes me sick!

Sending you hugs. I hope you have a beautiful weekend.

Rose of Sharon said...

Mardell, I am thankful that I don't get sick in the car, so it's a great time for me to catch up on reading and doing projects. I can't believe graduation is almost here, it's crazy how this year has flown by. Hayden only has 12 days of school left!! I hope you have a great weekend too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...