This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tree sale!

Eric and I are on the Class of 2012 All Night Grad Party Committee. We have been doing fundraising since last fall to earn money to put on a fabulous get away trip and party for our class of 2012 graduates. We have sold donuts, tamales and now we had a big tree sale.
Because Eric works in the timber industry, he has lots of connections and was able to get 2800 trees donated to us! We put ads up on Facebook and in the local news papers and had most of the pre-sold.
We had a little stressful glitch though. When Eric went to pick them up, they opened up the storage unit where they had been stored and they were all gone!!! Panic! The guy who got them for us (Mike) said they were just there a couple of days ago and he wrote notes all over them not to take them!
Well Eric and Mike did some fast phone calling and finally found another tree farm who was willing to help us out and donate to our cause. Whew! Thank you so much to that tree farm and thank you God! We had $1,000.00 worth of the pre-sold, so this would have been disastrous!
We had Redwoods, Noble Firs, Grand Firs and Ponderosa Pines.
Eric and I boxed and bagged all of the pre-sales and then loaded up the truck for the sale the next morning. I was nervous because he ended up having to work and I had to do it all by myself. I sent out an SOS email asking the other committee members to please come and help, which thankfully they did!
We got there at 8:00am on Saturday morning.
We were so blessed with the sunshine!
We were happy with the turn out!
We sold all of them!!! This was the best fundraiser, it was pretty easy. We made $1500.00!!!
It was really fun hanging out with the other parents, sipping coffee and talking. It was also fun seeing so many of our friends drive by and wave!

This is our last baby graduating for many of the moms in the group, which is kind of strange. It's nice to get their take on the nest becoming empty. Many of them are sad just like me, but we all agree we know that many good times are still ahead. I do have to admit that it will be a relief to not be on any more Grad Night committee's again! This is my fourth one and even though it's a lot of work, it's so worth it to keep all these kids safe. I would say it really has been fun and really rewarding.
We bought a few trees as well and here's Eric planting them all in pots. We're going to use them for future Christmas trees! They actually will be a great reminder of being on this fun committee with good friends for a great cause!

"A glad heart makes a cheerful countenance." Proverbs 15:13a

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great fundraising idea . I am glad it went so well for you . Donna

Mardell said...

Wow, that's amazing! What a great fundraiser. And for a GREAT cause. Simply wonderful!

Tree Removal Bronx said...

Dog in the first picture!

Just thought I'd get that off of my chest before I rant and tell you how good of a deed it was to do a fundraiser like this. God bless, and happy gardening.

-Oscar Valencia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...