This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A shower for sweet baby Savannah!

Oh my goodness! Isn't she just soooo precious! This is little Savannah Grace. She's the daughter of my work buddy and great friend, Sarah. I gave Sarah a baby shower for sweet Savannah. Click here to read about when she was born.
The shower was the day after St. Patrick's day, so I had all of my St. Patty's day decorations out.
I had the idea to put food coloring in water in these pretty crystal bowls and I placed a green floating candle inside. I think they turned out really pretty.
Yesterday I told you about my pretty centerpiece made from branches from a cherry tree.  I had extra branches left, so I put them in this galvanized tin out on the porch. What a lovely, springy way to greet my guests!
I put out all kinds of nummy foods in my pretty dishes.
I used Grandma Alberta's china.
Aren't these napkins perfect!
I love entertaining and using all of my fancy dishes! It's so fun!
My friend, Debbie, made this beautiful carrot cake from scratch. It was soooo good!
She decorated it beautifully with off-white frosting, but I thought it needed a little something extra, so I placed this darling vintage lamb on top. Isn't he cute!
I also found this fun vintage stork planter and used it for a candy dish.
Here's my pretty cherry blossom centerpiece!
For the shower I placed these fun vintage baby items in front of the flowers.
I have wonderful antique baby shoes, a marvelous vintage ceramic stork and a century old baby announcement from 1911! Mr. and Mrs. Fred King are announcing the arrival of their 11 pound baby boy, Russell Richard King. Isn't that so precious. I love the graphic of the stork and baby.
Well, here's lil miss Savannah Grace. Isn't she a pretty one!
Sarah loved the cake!
Here's Danielle with her niece, Piper.
Big sister, Liana, lovingly and carefully holds her baby sister.
We had a nice time.
Savannah's getting sleepy! Isn't her dress darling!
Time to open the gifts!
Awe....that's so sweet!
Here's a cute little number for summer!
Heather made her this beautiful sign.
This is the little dress that I bought her with matching pink patent leather shoes! Having all boys, it's really fun for me to buy dresses!
I love this picture of Liana and Savannah!
Mary holding Savannah.
It's Pam's turn.
We had a lovely afternoon. I am so happy for Sarah and her family, they are all so thrilled and happy with little Savannah. What a blessing from God she is!

"Children are a gift of the Lord." Psalm 127:3

Hugs, Sharon

This just in.... For Easter services, Sarah dressed Savannah in the little dress I bought her and apparently, Savannah did not like it....haha! Isn't this just the cutest picture!

1 comment:

Mardell said...

What a pretty baby Savannah is! Aaaawwww! You really went all out & everything turned out so beautiful.

Of course I love the vintage lamb!
And Liana holding her baby sis ~ what a darling pic. My 21 yr. old daughter's name is also Liana! Same spelling. You don't see that name very often. :o)

The outfit you picked out for Savannah is darling ~ even tho she might think so. Ha ha. What a sweetie. Mom looks so beautiful. Love her hair!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...