This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, April 20, 2012

Our Easter this year!

We had a lovely Easter this year. I hope you did too! I wanted to share what we did, but first I'll share with you some of my decorations. I found this adorable "Easter Greetings" sign at a thrift store last summer. I was so excited to put it out this year. I love the baby chick and the crackle treatment on the sign.
I also found one of those cool egg wreaths. I've been wanting one for a couple of years, but never found one until a few weeks ago. 
I paid $3.99 at a thrift store! I like the contrast against our red door!
I did not decorate very much this year since we were not entertaining and also because I simply ran out of time, but I wanted to make sure that I put out a few things for Hayden's memory bank since he will probably be moving out this summer.
I cheated and looked at last years pictures and decorating my windowsill exactly the same as last year's! Oh well, it's cute and it saved me time. I didn't feel like being too creative this year.
There's my fun faux chocolate bunny. He's wonderful!
This little girl just screams spring to me.
I love my new vintage turquoise foil wrapped egg. I found it while digging through boxes at a dirty old thrift store!
This little guy is new this year too.
My friend, Mary, gave him to me. I love him!
I just did a simple little display in the powder room with some bunnies and chicks.
On Sunday morning the whole family met for the Easter service.
I was so happy that we all were able to go together!
It is actually Mackenzie and Brittany's church, but they held the service at a big performing arts center.
They little children singing about Jesus were so precious.
The worship was amazing!
And the pastor's message was victorious!
Isn't this crazy! So many people were there! It was wonderful because a lot of people got saved! We are sitting right in the center balcony right under those windows.
Then we all went over to Mackenzie and Brittany's house for a lovely Easter dinner!
The table was set so beautifully!
I love what she did. She told me she found the place mats, napkins and pretty centerpieces at a discount store and she created these beautiful place settings with her white dishes that she got for their wedding. I love how she place a daffodil at every place setting!
The splash of yellow around the house made it feel so springy. These daffodils are so pretty!
Brittany made the main dishes and she had the rest of us bring something to help out. Cameron brought these yummy appetizers that he made!
Eric's parents were able to come, which was wonderful.
We had a nice time visiting and having appetizers before the meal.
We are all cat lovers and had fun checking out their two cats, Krammer and Cozmo. Krammer is a big kitty!
I just love these two pictures. Grandma is asking Mackenzie for something.....
She wanted her Mimosa!
We also went into their music studio to check out what's new. Mackenzie played some of their new songs for us.
I am so proud of Mackenzie and Brittany. They literally make beautiful music together. I asked if they are going to continue to pursue it and he said absolutely yes. God has given them both amazing talents and I'm so happy they are using their talents for the Lord. It's almost like a well springing up in them that cannot be contained. I am praying that they can reach a lot of people and glorify God through their music.
Dinner's ready! Here's beautiful Brittany with her gorgeous meal that she prepared.
What a blessing!
I'm so thankful for my family! Oh, I should mention that Hayden had to work the afternoon shift, so he had to go to work after church. We missed him. I did prepare him a plate and Eric and I swung it by the gas station on our way home.
Yum!!! We had ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade mac&cheese, artichokes, green salad and rolls. It was a delicious meal!
Silliness!
Supermodel?
I'm so glad that they are happily married and have fun together! God is so good!
I love visiting after dinner.
My cool sons.
I'm very proud of every one of them!
Easter just happened to fall on Grandpa Jim's birthday! He turned 77!
Happy birthday Grandpa! Make a wish!

We had a wonderful Easter! Mackenzie and Brittany did a fantastic job with hosting and Brittany did a marvelous job on the meal. I am so proud of them!

God has bless us so much with the victory that Jesus brought over death and sin by dying on the cross and arising on the third day! There is so much to be thankful for!

"Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus." Romans 6:8-11

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Easter celebration . I love going to my kids for get togethers , Brittany did a beautiful dinner , I love that she served atichokes too makes me want some now . Donna

Sue said...

A beautiful Easter for your family,
Enjoyed this.
Hugs,
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...