This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, April 12, 2012

I'm throwing in the towel.....

My kitchen towel drawer is empty!
 So...for the past couple of months I've been noticing that my kitchen washcloth and towel supply has been dwindling away. My drawer, which used to be overflowing, was down to hardly anything at all. I asked Hayden if he had any of my towels & washcloths mixed up in his laundry in his room and he said a simple, "Nope." Of course, being a typical mother, I asked him a couple more times in which I received the same old reply, "Nope."

I could not figure out what happened to them. I had all the laundry caught up and the downstairs hampers were empty, so where could they be? Well...one day Hayden decided to really deep-clean his room and when I came home from work at lunch and this is what I found sitting on the stairs.....
There they are!
 This huge, overflowing laundry basket  chock-full of my kitchen towels & washcloths and a bunch of bath towels!
Hayden came into the clinic later that day to see me at work and I said, "Uhm...I saw all those towels on the stairs, did those come from your room?"
 He replied with a coy smile across his face, "I don't know anything about that" and he started to suppress a little giggle.
Now my drawer is full again!
Grrrrr!!!! HAYDEN!!!!

We both started laughing.

What's a mama gonna do? He didn't really mean to take all my towels, he would just take up to his room a clean basket full of laundry in which most of it was his and if there were a few of my towels in there, he just left them there. Yes, in his laziness, he hoarded all of my kitchen towels, but you know what, he's a great kid. He gets good grades, he's a three sport athlete, he volunteers at the school, he has a part-time job, he never gets into trouble, he goes to church and loves God. They say pick your battles and I'm not picking this issue to be a battle. I did, however, tell him that this really inconvenienced me and I would like him to separate the towels out from his laundry in the future, which he obliged.
Who could be mad at this face? He's a knucklehead, but he's my knucklehead and I love him.

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God." Philippians 1:3

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...