This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, April 16, 2012

I missed this boy!

Yesterday I went downtown to the train station to pick up Hayden from his physic's class field trip. He's been gone almost a week and I've missed him!!! I got there early, so I snooped around the depot and took a few pictures.
This train station is very old, it was originally built in 1908.
I'm so happy that when they remodeled it they kept the integrity of the old depot.
There's a lot of history here, which I appreciated looking at as I was anxiously awaiting the train to come to see my son!
I kept looking down the tracks, but no train yet.
I was actually quite surprised that with all the safety laws and regulations that the tracks are not fenced off at all. I guess it would be impossible with the thousands of miles of tracks across the US, but you'd think they would be blocked off especially at the depots where people are standing around.
Hey, here comes the train!!! Oh, before I go further, I should explain what Hayden was doing. His physics class had a five day, four night field trip down to the San Francisco area to see some museums and visit some college campuses, but they also got to spend a day at Great America and go on the rides.
I snagged these pictures off of Facebook, looks like they went to the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum.
Looks like he's having fun!
Tons of fun! haha!
Our other sons, Cameron and Grayson, also went on this field trip.
It made me nervous to send them all the way down to San Francisco on a train with a chaperon/student ratio of 1 to 5, but God always kept them safe and it was such a great experience for them.
I was so excited to see him, but I wasn't sure where he was. I just randomly took this picture and later when he got off the train he said he was in that window waving at me! haha!
There's my boy!!!!
I'm so happy to see him and he's happy to see me.
He had a great trip and learned a lot!
We loaded the car and went out for hamburgers and he told me all about his trip.
I'm so thankful that he's home safe and that he had a great experience and a fun time. I missed this kid!

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalm 91:11

Hugs, Sharon




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...