This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter decorations!

These are actually pictures of last year's Easter decorations that I never posted.
Last year I went all out because I had a ladies tea the day before Easter and I also hosted our big extended family Easter dinner.  This year I only have a few decorations out because I've been so busy.
Also, we are not hosting Easter dinner this year, so we will not have company in the house. I still put a few things out for Hayden's sake.
I put a cute display in my kitchen windowsill and in a few key pieces around the house.
But not to the extent of these photos.
I actually thought we had two more weeks until Easter and was shocked when we got home from the cabin and I looked at the calendar and realized it was the very next Sunday!
I love my life, but I'm just so busy and stressed out by the busyness.
But the alternative is to not be involved in things and to not enjoy life.
What could I cut out?
Nothing!
I would never trade going to the cabin with the family, or visiting my sister on her farm.
I would never trade going to my son's track meets or out to lunch with a friend.
I would love to trade my job to do more fun things, but unfortunately that's not an option.
I work to help support our family budget, to get health benefits and also to put money aside for retirement.
I am thankful for my wonderful family and busy life.
I know things will calm down.
They will calm down a lot when Hayden graduates.
I really desire to have more time to do more family things, visit my parents and in-laws and enjoy my friends.
I also would love to have a Bible study here at our home with my husband and other couples from church. But for now, I'm very busy and I need to just take one day at a time. Today I'm working half a day and then traveling with my husband to watch Hayden's track meet. Tomorrow I work all day and then on Saturday I need to be at the auto shop at 7:45 am to sell tree seedlings for a fundraiser for the all night grad party for Hayden's class.
I am looking forward to Easter Sunday to be with my kids and I am so grateful that my son, Mackenzie and beautiful daughter-in-law, Brittany are going to be hosting the Easter festivities. Brittany will be cooking a delicious meal and it will be really fun!

I'd like to wish all of you a very happy Easter. What a blessing we have in Christ our savior who sacrificed everything for us and died on the cross and rose again!

He is risen!!!!

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." John 11:25-26

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

as always starzie said...

Happy Easter Sharon to you and your beautiful family! I'll be having a Easter egg hunt for my grandbabies! Grandchildren are so wonderful, you will love being a Grandma! They keep you busy too!
Hugs from Darlene

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I hope you had a wonderful Easter. Your decorations are beautiful! Did you put a pretty wreath on your red front door this year? I've seen some really gorgeous ones this Spring.

Hope you have a great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...