This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cabin fever!

Good morning world! Oh, how nice it is to be in a cabin with the family relaxing and having fun! I woke up early before everyone else and had some coffee and read my devotional. God is so good!
I went out side for a bit to enjoy the view of the river. It was peaceful, but cold, I didn't stay too long.
I love this book called Jesus Calling. It is a great devotional and speaks to my heart every time I read it!
Slowly, one by one everyone started waking up. Brittany helped me make a big breakfast of french toast, bacon and eggs.
I am so blessed by this girl!
My boys being their silly selves.
All the sudden, we looked out and it was snowing!
My guys having coffee and talking.
What's a family gathering without a muscle contest? Everyone's impressed with baby brothers biceps! Even Blondie's looking in amazement!
Cameron being silly showing off his.
Then he put a tennis ball in his sleeve and showed off! haha!
Mmmm! Breakfast is coming along!
I love them all so much!
Wow, the snow is really piling up out there.
It's beautiful!
Time to eat!!!
Scrumptious!
My beautiful family!
I'm so blessed!
Hayden doing the dishes.
Now it's Grayson's turn!
This was the kind of trip that we had a lot of down time. I loved it! Here's Eric reading the paper in front of the fire, while Hayden plays Xbox.
Mackenzie and Brittany enjoying their coffee.
Cameron's playing solitaire.
Kenzie looks like a timber-jack!
We brought up our quads and Grayson brought his bike and we planned to all go riding, but because of the snow, just Eric, Mackenzie, Grayson and Hayden went.
The snow was really coming down and I was a little worried about them, but they didn't have to far to drive to get to the trails.
Here they are all working together to load the bike.
I'm so proud of my big strong men!
I'm with Blondie, lets stay in where it's cozy and curl up for a nap!
Cameron, Brittany and I played a game of scrabble.
It was really fun.
Love him!
Cute!
The truth!
Love her!
So this was the board when we were done and then we through all the tiles in the box. Cameron said, "I wonder if I can remember the board and put all the tiles back where they were." We took him up on that and....
...he did it! Wow! That kid has a photographic memory. The next day when we were packing up and leaving he did it again! Isn't that crazy!
Later on that afternoon the sun came out and melted all the snow!
These pictures of Hayden and Blondie playing fetch almost look like summertime,....
...but don't let them fool you, it's cold out there!
She's going in whether she likes it or not! haha! She actually loved it!
Mackenzie and Brittany are so cute.
I'm so glad they are so happy together!
Later on that afternoon, Mackenzie and Brittany, Cameron, Grayson and I all went into town to go to Goodwill (what else! haha!) and then we toured the Deschutes Brewery.
It was very educational!
I had no idea that so much went into making beer!
This little brewery is the 5th best Craft Brewing Company in the United States!
These are called lauter tuns and they are used for extracting the sugar from the grain.
There was so much to see. It was a really great tour.
After the tour we got to taste the beers. This was fun for me because I'm not a beer girl, but it was fun to taste different types and learn. I tell you though, it is really, really weird for me to see three of my sons drinking beer. They all are over 21, of course, and they are responsible drinkers, but it's just so strange!
I love this picture of the three boys. I wished that Hayden would have been in it too. Their eyes all look so bright and pretty. 

We need to head back to the cabin for our steak dinner and a fun game of cards! See you tomorrow!

"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29
Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mardell said...

Oh my! I love it! Are you there now or was this awhile ago? How neat that you were all able to get away together. It's so cool how you take pics of everyone gathered around the table! Fun fun!

Rose of Sharon said...

Hi Mardell! No, we're home now. We were there over spring break. It was so much fun!

Hope you're having a great spring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...