This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I've got the sweetest son....

 I am just so very, very blessed. I got this text message on Monday morning at 9:21 am from my son, Grayson.
 It simply says, "How you feelin?"
Grayson and I right after Hayden's Mr. Bulldog pageant.
My sister accidentally took a video of us instead of taking a picture, so I took a snap shot of the video. :0)
He was checking up on me because he knows me so well. Actually, all of my sons know me very well. They know that I have absolutely loved being a mom so much and that I have had some dark and difficult days sometimes while dealing with the empty nest syndrome. They know that when a milestone takes place and is then over, that I tend to have a set back and get the blues. Grayson remembered that  three years ago, when he was in the Mr. Bulldog pageant, I got hit really hard with the blues and I cried a lot. He was worried about me that I would have the blues after Hayden's Mr. Bulldog event and he just texted me to see how I was. This touched me so deeply. It made me feel so loved and also so proud that I have a son who is so thoughtful and considerate. I just love that boy! Actually, all of my boys and my daughter-in-law are this way and I love them all. I am truly blessed.

Oh, and by the way, I am doing pretty good. My sister, Kathi, came down to spend the night with me and I think that helped me a lot. I worked Monday and on Tuesday when I was off I was getting waves of the blues, but I think I am doing okay. I just feel like the other shoe is going to drop any moment and I might have a big crying jag. I really pray not. I have so much to be thankful for, but it's something I just can't help, it just sneaks up on me. I am trying really hard to rely on the Lord and trust Him. I know that there is so much more out there in the future for our family that is all good. It's just hard thinking about the baby of the family being done with all of his high school stuff and I will be done as a mom with young kids.

"Love one another earnestly from a pure heart." I Peter 1:22

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Hope you can feel my special long distance hugs. Saying special prayers for you. I hope you are getting some spring weather...maybe it'll give you some cheer. Yes, your sons are indeed very sweet. Apples don't fall far from the tree!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and thoughtful son .One door closes and another one opens there will always be something to look forward to and many memories to be made. Donna

Randi Jo :) said...

aww your entries are so sweet. this one made me cry - my little boy is 5 and in kindergarten now and I just can NOT picture him all grown up. I have a 5 year old boy, 2 year old girl and 3 month old girl.... and I just am SO enjoying this precious time and I know I'm gonna be a MESS as we hit big milestones like you're talking about. I'm reading beth moore so long insecurity.... and it reminded me though, that God has a plan for every single season we are in and we are purposeful and valuable in each of those seasons!! and there is excitement to be had in each of them, too. Praying for your comfort & encouragement...... I can't imagine, literally! praise God they are able to get out of your house, though and grow healthy and strong and fulfill their purpose, right?:)

Sue said...

Thank the Lord for loving and sensitive sons! you are blessed! great job of parenting!
hugs,
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...