This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, March 8, 2012

How to beat the winter doldrums...

I feel like I've been cooped up in the house for so long now! Our weather has been so crazy with freezing cold temperatures, blasting rain and even snow storms! So what's a girl to do to beat those winter doldrums?
You buy a couple of cheerful primroses!
I put them in these darling yellow pots.
I placed them on my windowsill.
They are so bright and happy!
I put one pot on each side of the sink.
So now I'm surrounded with these cheerful reminders that spring is coming!
They are made to go outside, but I think I can keep them happy right here in the window. I sure hope so anyway!
Before I got my primroses, my kitchen was dull and dreary.....
....and after I got them, everything cheered up in living color!!! Haha!
This is just a very simple and cheap way to beat the winter drearies!
I love them!
Hang in there.....Spring is on it's way!

"See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance." Song of Songs 2:11-13

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
How pretty your flowers are. They make your kitchen very cheery. I like how you did the B&W photo and then the next one with a 'pop' of color! We had 68 degree temps yesterday here in NY. Crazy weather throughout the country.

Have a great day!

flo said...

Hi Sharon !

I love flowers !! spring is into your kitchen... I'm sure ! bye-bye winter....

Kisses from France
Flo

Anonymous said...

I love primroses , I buy some every spring and put them in a pottery bowl on my coffee table before they go out in the garden. I do it a few times they are so cheerful. They look lovely in your yellow pots. Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...