This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hayden's first track meet!

We went to Hayden's first track meet last Thursday. He was nervous to see how he would do! He was going to be running the 100 and 200 meter races. Here he is before he raced with his friend Colton.
Well, the first race he ran was the 100 and he took first place in his heat, but they had three heats, so he did not know how well he did. Click on the photo to enlarge, it's a pretty cool picture. Eric and I were standing at the finish line cheering him on. He looked so fast! Check out the score board, they used it as a timer, and we were so thrilled to see that it said 10.98! I knew it was not an official time, but it was pretty close! The best time he ever got on this race was a 12.15, so this was exciting!
After his race I went up in the stands and talked to him. While we were sitting there they calculated the winner and announced that he took first place with an 11.68! Not only did he win, but he also PRd (he got a personal record)!!! He was sitting in the stands with all of his buddies sitting around him when he heard the news.  He was grinning ear to ear and through his big smile he said, "I can't believe it! I've never gotten first place before!" His reaction was so genuine and so humble. His friends were all congratulating him and I hugged him and then I snapped this picture. Doesn't he look happy!
Right after that he said, "Where's Dad?" I told him that he was down on the track watching the other events. He jumped up and said I want to tell him I took first. Of course being the big photographer that I am, I quickly followed him down to the track where he found his Dad. This picture is just so precious to me where he is so proudly telling his Dad that he got first. It's just priceless. I love their relationship. Eric is such a good father to all of our sons and shares in their successes like this as well as be there for support when they need it.
The next race was the 200!
Again, he was looking strong and took first place in his heat.
He was happy with the way he ran.
He's walking back to the officials to see his time.
Cute kid!
He's talking to the official timer and he found out he PRd again and got a 23.28! His best time before this was 24.92, so he has improved a lot.
He was done running and we were going to ride home with us, but he wanted to wait and see where he placed in the 2.
It cracked me up when I looked and saw him and Eric standing there talking and waiting. Look at their stances, they are identical! Like father, like son! We learned that Hayden took first in the 200 as well! Good job Hayden!!! We are so proud of you!
I was so very proud that he took first place in two races, but I was even more proud that this is what he wrote on Facebook..."Never thought I could get two first places! Praise the Lord!" I am so touched that he gave God the glory!!!!
We are so excited to see how the rest of the track season goes! I could not be more proud!

"Run, then, in such a way to win the prize." I Corinthians 9:24b

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mardell said...

Congratulations Hayden! Is there ANY sport that your NOT good at? LOL Your mom takes great pics ~ of course, she has an awesome subject! Again, kudos to an outstanding athlete.

Sue said...

Congratulations to Hayden, Sharon. Will you excuse me for crying over such a sweet post, I was so touched by this. I just love reading about your life, and the relationship that you and Eric have with your sons, you dil and each other. I can only imagine how God our Father is pleased.

Thank you for sharing, as i always leave so blessed.
Hugs,
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...