This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, March 16, 2012

Big sister to the rescue!


Yesterday I talked about my sweet son who checked in on me to make sure I was okay with my silly empty nest sadness and today I want to share with you what my big sister Kathi did to help me. I wrote her this email throwing her a line to pull me in and rescue me. I wrote and asked her if she could come spend the night because I felt I might get the blues, in fact my exact words in the email were, "I'm scared I'm going to get the blues again, I can feel them looming around me..."
I was soooo happy when I got a phone call from her telling me that she was going to be able to come to the Mr. Bulldog event and spend the night with me! I was so excited! Not only did I really want her to be there to support Hayden for his big event, but I knew that I needed some sister time to get me through to help me so I wouldn't get the empty nest blues. I was very excited that she was coming, but this also coincided with our town's annual city library book sale! Kathi and I both are crazy about vintage cookbooks, so I knew this would be a fun thing to do!
 When Kathi arrived at my house bearing gifts! She brought me these beautiful roses, a dozen fresh eggs from her farm  and a lovely bottle of wine. Isn't that so sweet and thoughtful!
She came early Saturday afternoon and the first thing we did was head down to the book sale!
We had lots of fun, until things got competitive and she started grabbing all the good books right out from underneath my nose! haha! Just kidding!
Any way, after these pictures were taken, we stopped and got a delicious chicken salad and garlic bread and brought it home for  lunch and we sat and ate and talked for hours. Then we went to the Mr. Bulldog show, came home, debriefed about the whole evening and talked about everything under the sun until 1:30 am, then we woke up at 7:30 am and had a lazy morning with coffee and more talking in our bathrobes until 12:30!!! It was so much fun and just the therapy I needed! 
Thank you sister dear! I love you so very much! I also love my other sister, Kelli, who was busy with a party with her daughter on this night and she could not be with us. I know she would have been there for me too. 
I am truly thankful for all of my loved ones and I feel so blessed!

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God!" Philippians 1:3

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Mardell said...

AAaawww, how sweet! This brought tears to my eyes. You are so blessed to have such a loving family. I hope you found some good books!

Have a GREAT weekend & "Happy St. Pat's Day!"

Kathi said...

Sharon, I had so much fun with you. I just love our sister time. What sweet boys you have, for writing you notes and asking you how you are doing. I will keep you in prayer that God will comfort you on those days when you feel sad. I love you, Kathi

Sue said...

Hi Sharon, I just had to comment before i went and read your other posts, to try and catchup.
I can't tell you how much I related to this post, I have a sis, in another town that has been my bff and i can call on her and she is right there. also vise versa, as i know you and your sisters are the same way. All it takes is a phone call, one of the most amazing things I have found is that we are rarely down at the same time.lol.
Isn't God awesome to have given us sisters?
I am sorry that you have been down about the empty nest sadness. I have been there and do empathize with you. God's timing is perfect, and He knows what and when to act!

Enjoy those beautiful roses and memories of time with kathi.
Hugs,
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...