This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, March 19, 2012

Bag Lady brunch at Virginia's!

My girlfriend, Virginia, hosted a lovely brunch for our fun women's group called the Bag Ladies.
For a hostess gift I brought her this beautiful potted plant.
As soon as we got there we had coffee.
I love her cute kitchen!
She said, "Just grab a cup out of the cabinet" When I opened the cabinet, I thought, be still my heart, she's a woman after my own heart with a huge coffee cup collection!
She likes these earthy "hippy" cups from the 70s. I love them! They look like they were sold at street markets and fairs.
I brought a bunch of photos from our trip we all had together last summer. It was fun to look at them. Here's Virginia and Laurie looking them over.
Kathleen, Me and Virginia visiting.
Kathleen, Virginia and Laurie.
Brenda and Laurie. We were missing two Bag Ladies, Eileen and Gail.
Look at her pretty table setting!
I love these strawberry dishes!
They look so bright and cheery, especially with the red chargers under them and with the pretty red napkin and ruby napkin holder! I do believe I will be on the hunt for these dishes now! Haha!
Virginia made yummy french toast, Kathleen brought the eggs and sausage and I brought the fruit salad.
We had a delicious meal and wonderful conversation!
I'll give you a little tour of Virginia's house. Virginia and her husband collect antiques and they have many beautiful pieces. I especially love this antique piano!
She has a lovely display of family pictures in a variety of interesting and beautiful frames!
There are pretty things everywhere!
Their home is so pretty, warm and inviting.
I LOVE this awesome antique oak glass front bookshelf! I really would like to get one of these some day.
Virginia's husband, Ed, is a civil war buff and antique lover. He has a beautiful collection of very old and rare books.
Pretty and cozy!
I love this ornate hutch!
Wow! Isn't it pretty! And it's filled with lots of pretty things too!
Like this lovely lady!
And this gorgeous silver coffee urn. Now I'm going to be on the hunt for one of these too!
I thought this little vignette was so cute! That's a real working phone!
Pretty teacups all in a row!
This is her gorgeous buffet in the entryway. I love Virgini's house.
I love getting together with the girls, we always have so much fun!
Friends....such a blessing!

"A friend loveth at all times." Proverbs 17:17a

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Oh my! What a gorgeous home Virginia has. I too, love her antiques! So glad you were able to get together for yummy food and laughs. Blessings all around. Yay for Bag Ladies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...