This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's Day decorations....

I'm not very excited about my Valentine's Day decorations. I kind of didn't even feel like putting any out this year because I've been so busy, but it's a tradition and I want everything to be the same around here for my youngest son, Hayden, until he graduates. I'm funny like that.
I have two boxes of decorations, but I only put out a few things. I think I need to get some new and exciting things.
However, I do like this little display that I put together on top of the bookshelf.
There's cupid blowing his horn for love!
Here's a pretty velvet party favor holder with some cute little yellow chicks hiding inside.
This frame is a new addition to the decorating this year. I love it! I put a picture of me and my valentine smooching in it! Don't look! haha!
The windowsill display is the same as last year. I have a couple of reproduction vintage Valentine's Day post cards set in some pretty red bejeweled frames. I also have a cute heart-shaped wreath that I made a long time ago. It has pearls and other romantic things hanging on it.
On top of the computer cabinet I placed my fun little shadow box that I filled with hearts and other love related items. I found the Be Mine wooden sign at a thrift store a few years ago. I love the heart teapot; I found that at a neighbor's garage sale for only $1.00!
In the powder room I placed a couple of cute heart items including the darling vintage cupid vase. I filled it with red, white and pink buttons. 

Well, that's it for my Valentine's Day decorations. I looked on Pinterest and I did not see very many inspiring Valentine's items, I think someone should come up with some new fun things pronto!!! :0) I have been on the look out for a heart shaped wreath, I bet it would look cute on my new red front door! Have any of you decorating for Valentine's Day?

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." Ephesians 5:2

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one thing I have never done is Valentines decorating , You have a lot of very lovely things. I probably would go for white cheruby things , pink roses, lacey stuff. Soft and romantic. Christmas is about all that I do and most things are handmade. I love all the decorating you do for every special occasion . Donna

Shelley said...

Nice...Keep spreading the love :)
Blessings

flo said...

In France, it's not a real tradition to decorate all the house for Valentine's day.... Eventually, we cook a special meal and put some decorations on the table but more often, we go to the restaurant. The wife gives a gift to her husband and vice versa.

Of course, many things are sold in shops about Valentine's day like for example chocolate's heart, cakes etc... but it's not so important than Christmas

Your decorations are very nice, Sharon !
Have a good day
Flo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...