This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, February 18, 2012

New dishes!

Look at all these dishes I found! I couldn't believe that I found 18 of them all at one store!
I also couldn't believe the price! They were only .99 cents each, but they were orange tag and all orange tagged items were 50% off that day!!! So I got 18 plates for only $9.00!
What I'm excited about is that they are restaurant quality and very, very durable!
I scrubbed them all up and then put them in the dishwasher to sanitize them.
I've been wanting some new "every day" dishes and I found them for super cheap!!!
They have a red Asian design around the edges, and my home is country cottage, but I like them and think they will blend with my decor.
They look cute blended with red and white checks, one of my favorite patterns in my house!
They also coordinate well with my red cabbage rose tablecloth in the dining room.
My ruby goblets look pretty with them too!
I love the look of my red transferware dishes layered on them!
Very cute and cottagey!
Here's another transferware pattern and it looks great too!
 They even look cute with my Blue Willow dishes!
This time I put my navy charger underneath. Wow, this looks really cute. This would be perfect for the 4th of July!
Yep, I think I'm going to have fun with these dishes! What a great blessing the Lord gave me!

"May the God of hope, fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!" Romans 15:13

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Mardell said...

Those are really pretty, Sharon. So many possibilities & ocassions (sp?) to use them for. They have your name written on them. Great score getting them 1/2 price.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet Sharon , I love your new dishes. People look at me and wonder why I need so many myself . Can't help it I love dishes and it warms my heart that I am not alone in this. I found a nice set of transferware at the thrift store a few weeks ago and they are my new everyday set. And they coordinate with my other sets too . I have Wedgewood Peter Rabbit plates too that I love to have my breakfast on and especially at easter. Donna

Sherri said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Oh my MERCY, Do I LOVE your new awesome find dishes! I purchased a 4 place set a few years ago from my Goodwill that has served us well for very little. Thanks so much for the sweet comment regarding my thrift outfits. I actually shop 3 Goodwill stores on a regular basis. One local and 2 that are within 45 minutes of me. Usually I am at one of the 2 out of town ones; once a month and then locally at least once a week. Now I have a list on my phone to keep track of certain items I am searching for instead of just buying anything I like! LOL About getting everything done? I wonder that myself at times! Might be a good blog post to share. :-)

as always starzie said...

Hi Sharon,
That did it. I'm moving to Oregon! You find the best stuff at GW and thrift shops! I never see good stuff like that in CA. I love these dishes. And 18 to boot! And 50% off! What a great find. They look so durble like restaurant quality. I'm jealous!
Have fun with them!
Take care,
Hugs from Darlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...