This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lavender and lace....

 Okay, I lied, there's no lace in this story, but I couldn't think of a clever title for this little post. What I wanted to share with you today are these cute little lavender sherbet dishes that I recently purchased.
Normally I am not drawn to the color purple, but I have a set of these fabulous pansy chintz dishes and when I saw the sherbert dishes I thought they would coordinate wonderfully with them. Click here
 to read the story about how I found the chintz dishes.
 Don't they look great together!
I paid .99 cents each for them at a thrift store.
 I am so excited to use this set for a couple of girlfriends! Click here to see a tablesetting that I made for friend of mine using the pansy chintz plates last summer (without the sherbet dishes!).
 This glass reminds me of some neat glasses that my mother had back in the 70s.
I think a nice cool mint green sherbet would look so pretty in them! Now we just need a nice sunny summer afternoon!

"And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises." 2 Peter 1:4
 

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What !! No Lace Sharon !!! I can see those pretty plates and lavender dishes set on pretty lacey crocheted placemats which of course you will find .Very nice find . Donna

Rose of Sharon said...

Haha Donna! :0) Yes, they would be really pretty with lace place mats or a vintage lace tablecloth! :0)

Mardell said...

Yes, they remind me of those old glasses. I had 2 green juice ones, but they both broke. Love the lavender color!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...