This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Is he too grown up for this kind of stuff?

I made hot chocolate for my son the other morning.
I poured it into a cute Valentine's Day mug...
...and I set it on a cute little heart-shaped plate.
I also set a couple of donut holes on the plate too. He's 18 and a senior in high school. I wondered if he's too old for this kind of thing, but I just felt like doing it. I want my kids to remember me as a mom who did this kind of stuff.
I snuck into the bathroom as he was taking a shower and I set it on the counter. Then I went back downstairs and I waited. 

I wonder what will his response be? 

Will he say, "Mom, this is baby stuff" or will he completely ignore it or will he like it?

Ten minutes later I got my answer.  He came downstairs and the first thing he said was, "Thank you Mom for the hot chocolate and donuts!"  Yea, I did good! I guess he's not too old! 

"Let everything you do be done in love." I Corinthians 16:14

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is sweet Sharon and nobody is ever too old to be loved and appreciated. I bet when he has a wife he will do those things for her too because he was taught so well by his mom. Donna

Jan said...

According to my three sons, who range from 23 to 42, they will never be too old. Even those who have their own homes, love to stop by and enjoy special treats or time with old mom!

We are so blessed!

Jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...