This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Easy, yummy clam chowder....

Because I'm working four days a week now, I've been looking for quick and easy dinners. I've also been  interested in making frugal dinners. I saw this clam chowder soup mix and decided to give it a try.
It's definitely easy! You just boil water, add the mix and stir and then add a can of clams. The recipe only called for one can, but I added two because we LOVE clams!
I also picked up some brown and serve Italian bread sticks.
I first sprayed the bread sticks with olive oil and then sprinkled garlic salt on them.
I baked them for ten minutes at 375.
I thought I'd make some garlic butter for dipping.
I just melted the butter in the microwave and added a spoonful of garlic. I know that's a lot of garlic, but we LOVE garlic!!!
The soup is ready! It only takes about 15 minutes!
Mmmm! It looks wonderful and it tastes wonderful! The bread sticks were delicious and tasted very close to the ones at Olive Garden!
I forgot to take note of the exact cost of everything, but I'm estimating that this meal cost about $10.00 for three of us to eat and then my husband had the left overs for a meal the next day! So $10.00 divided by 4 meals, equals $2.50 a serving!

I give this dinner two thumbs up! It's easy, quick, inexpensive and most of all delicious! 

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh that looks so yummy. I love Bear Creek soups. You have to try the creamy brocoli one it is also very good. I am going to give those bread sticks a try using your receipe we are big breadstick fans around here. Thanks for the idea.

Have a great day.

flo said...

Oh yummm !!I'm coming to your dinner when you want !

seriously : unfortunately, I can't try your recipe (even it's wonderful), because your products are not sold in France... so sorry ! but I love it virtually !

I love your comments on my blog ! come on ! your are welcome ! I'm waiting for you and other american women... it's so a pleasure to share with you...

Kisses from France
Flo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...