This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cheating dinner.....

Do you guys ever do this? Sometimes I am just too tired to cook, so I cheat with dinner! They make such great frozen foods now days and I like to have a few things in the freezer for days like this. The kids come over for dinner every Sunday night and I usually cook something nice for them, but tonight I was tired, so I cooked frozen chicken alfredo, frozen garlic monkey bread and frozen broccoli.
I like to make nice dinners, but I realized that if I made it to hard on myself with big meals and perfect table settings every single week, that I would be setting myself up for failure. I would probably find excuses to not do it and our dinners might not happen. I like how we do it now. It's not written in stone, but the kids all try to make it over on Sunday. Sometimes we have everyone and sometimes it's a mix of one or two of them. Sometimes we do have the formal sit-down dinners, sometimes it's easy like soup or barbecue and sometimes I cheat and we have a dinner like this or order pizza. The point is, we are all together! We are having a meal together and we are catching up and staying close!
However, I did take the time to make two homemade lemon pudding cheesecake pies.
The kids all came over like usual and it's always so fun.
Brittany always helps me with whatever needs to be done.
Since Grayson has moved out, he has missed Blondie so much. The first thing he did when he got here was go out and get her and bring her in!
We all just sit around and visit and catch up.
My husband is a happy man!
The boys are always so funny. We decided to make mimosa's because we had a bottle of champagne left over from New Year's. Mackenzie looks like he's really looking forward to his! haha
Mackenzie decided to boil rice.....
....he used the top of the champagne bottle and a votive and created a mini stove.
He's such a crack up! It actually started boiling and softened the rice! haha!
We all love laughing and talking and sharing about our weeks.
It warms my heart that my boys enjoy each other as adults. 
I am so thankful that Brittany has blended so well into our family and she enjoys being with us. She's my daughter. She calls the boys her brothers. :0)  I feel so blessed. So even though I cheated on the dinner, we still had a great family time! If you provide food, they will come! 

"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep His commandments, to a thousand generations." Deuteronomy 7:9

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always good to have a few tricks up your sleeve and to have a break from cooking too, dinner looks great . The pies sound good too . I love family get togethers. Blondie is such a sweet girl , look at how she has her ears curled back , she just adores her boys and I bet Sunday is her favourite day of the week too. Donna

Anonymous said...

Sharon you are making memories with your family! I don't think you cheated on dinner at all. I love your Sunday dinner idea! I might have to put out the invite to my family.
Bree

A Romantic Porch said...

What a fun time! I've never seen garlic monkey bread. I make the cinnamon kind tho. xo rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...