This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, December 30, 2011

A Slice of Life: December happenings....

Just wrapping up my December/Christmas posts. These are just a few of the extra pictures of things we did that I wanted to add to my blog to remember our life here at Rose of Sharon Garden in December of 2011. On a quiet Tuesday night Eric went to bed early and Hayden was hanging out with me playing his guitar. I loved it! It's really hitting me that if he goes off to college next summer, we will not be having little moments like these next year. I'm soaking, soaking, soaking it all in.
Every day I try to spend a little quiet time with the Lord. I have been reading a devotional book called "Jesus Calling" and it is so good. It really speaks to my heart every day and the overall message it brings is to strive to be in the Lord's presence every day. I also have a couple of Christmas devotional books, which are so wonderful to read at this time to remember our Savior's birth!
Hayden making his Christmas list! :0)
The house is all decorated and I walked by and set my glass of wine down in this little corner and I just loved how it looked, so I took a picture of it to remember it forever! :0)
Snuggy Christmas movie time.
Hayden grabbed his lap top and a blanket.
Blondie and MacGyver jumped up to snuggle with him. Soooo cute!!!
Hayden moved to the floor and then fell asleep. I'm soaking, soaking, soaking it all in.
We visited Mackenzie and Brittany's church at Christmastime. Mackenzie is on the stage playing the drums in the red beanie.
Cameron and I went to see a play together that my work sponsored for all the employees.
It was "A Year with Frog and Toad" and was so cute! This little theater puts on the best productions! We had a fun time!
We had a hub of activity around here for a couple of weeks.
Hayden had a big project for his English class.
They were put into groups and each group had to do some kind of a project about William Shakespeare's Macbeth.
Hayden and his friends decided to do a movie. It was so fun! I loved all of the hub-bub of these kids at our house. What was funny though is that they had different kids come over on different days, so they had no choice but to use the same costumes to depect certain characters, but the actors were constantly changing. It was pretty funny!
Macbeth hires men to hunt down Banquo and....
....kill him, which they do.
Macbeth see's Banquo's ghost while dining with Lady Macbeth, but she does not see the ghost.
Hayden on his trusty stead! I love this! They needed to do a scene with Macduff riding on a horse and they came up with this great idea of a cardboard cut out of a horse hooked on to our quad.
The film crew taking a break and having pizza!
The boys finished their movie and Hayden told me it turned out great. The next morning I made waffles for Hayden and I before school and....
....we watched the movie together. It was so funny and so clever! He later turned it in to his teacher and they got an A+ on it and she showed it to all of her other classes for an example to the other kids! :0) I'm a proud mama! All of the kids worked on it, but Hayden contributed so much as a creative writer, actor, director, costume designer, set designer and producer of the movie! They even had credits at the end and showed their bloopers!
My girlfriends and I went to another friend's annual Christmas soup luncheon.
This is Joanie. Her and her mother put this on every year.
I have been invited every year, but have never been able to make it because it always lands on a day that I work. I was so excited because this year it was on my day off and I finally got to go! She served two types of soups and homemade rolls. I had the potato chicken and it was delicious!
Her house was all decked out for Christmas and was so cozy and cute!
Joanie also served cookies and other sweets and coffee and tea.  I saw a lot of old friends from church many years ago as well as friends from my job.
Virginia, Kathleen and I having a great time!
Joanie still has her childhood stocking and she framed it! What a smart idea! Isn't it cute!
Eric and I did our annual Christmas shopping for the family and then we went out for a nice dinner.
Another day I turned on my favorite Christmas movie, "It's A Wonderful Life" and made goodies for the neighbors. This is one of my favorite scenes in the movie when Mary creates a romantic honeymoon suite for George. It is so cozy and romantic, I just love it.
I made several types of candies this year.
Easy turtles with pretzels, Rolo candies and nuts.
Cinnamon bark.
Rocky-road bark.
Pretzel bark. I packaged up little tins full of candy and delivered it to our neighbors. I also gave some to my sisters, mother, mother-in-law and sister-in-law.
This is our neighbor, Hal, he was delivering a package of goodies that his wife made. Exchanging goodies with the neighbors is one of my favorite things about Christmas!
Grayson's ex-girlfriend, Rachelle, and her friends dropped by with a plate of these homemade cookies. I thought that was so sweet. I miss her. I haven't mentioned it on my blog, but Grayson and Rachelle did break up again. They are still friends, but they are no longer in a relationship. It's sad, and we do miss her, but it has to be right for both of them and ultilmately, we want God's will for both of them.
Well, that's the last of my Christmas posts, we had a great season and I am so thankful for the many blessings that the Lord has given us. I am mostly thankful for the best gift God ever gave and that's His one and only son, Jesus Christ, who is my Lord and savior!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life!" John 3:16

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I have really enjoyed all of your Christmas posts ~ I really looked forward to them. i can live vicariously through you. ♥ I'm sorry to hear about Grayson & Rachelle. Glad they can remain friends though.

Hope you have a terrific week!

A Romantic Porch said...

Hi Sharon, Happy New Year. I am reading the devotional "Jesus Calling" also. The lady of one of the houses that I was asked to decorate for Christmas gave it to me and I just absolutely love it. Christmas was so rushed and busy for us. We didn't have much time off to soak it all in, but that doesn't change the reason of our heart to celebrate our Saviour's birth. May you be richly blessed this new year. xo rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...