This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Decorations.....

 Happy 2012 everyone! Today I wanted to share with you some of our New Year's decorations!
This snowball man was in with my Christmas stuff, but he just didn't look very Christmasey to me. I put him back in the box when I was decorating for Christmas, but then I had the idea to use him for a New Years decoration.
 I think he looks perfect for the occasion!
 I paired him with this wonderful glittery winter wish star and...
 ....a silvery sparkly candle.
 Snowflakes, stars and sparkly silver & gold seem to be my theme for the New Year's decor.
 This is basically the same display I had last year in my windowsill.
 It's my collection of snow-babies with an old Avon clock-shaped perfume bottle.
 I love this little vignette.
 I found these darling Eskimo children salt and pepper shakers at Goodwill a few weeks ago.
 I thought they would be a perfect addition to our New Year's decorations!
 In this little corner I surrounded the Baby New Year with snow flake candles.
 Winter wonderland!
 What a sweet little face!
 Over here I placed more gold and silver candles.
 I just love snow-babies!
 More snow flakes!
 I put this vintage Happy New Year post card in the powder room with a glittery candle holder and a star candle.
 Festive!
 This little guy is a new addition to our decorations this year!
Isn't he sweet! He came in a sack filled with vintage cardboard cut-outs that were previously owned by a school teacher. I found this big sack at a thrift store a few years ago for just a couple of dollars. It was filled with multiple cool old cut-outs for every holiday! I recently came across them again and I fell in love with this little Baby New Year and thought that I should be displaying him in the house somewhere.
 I thought he would be cute hanging up somewhere, so I simply hot-glued some rick-rack on the back to create a hanger for it and then I hung it in front of our dining room china hutch.
  He's ready to ring in the new year!
I took down all of the Christmas decorations outside and I am back to just a few simple things for winter. Like this sweet little cherub. It seems so bare out there though. I need more winter decorations.
I hung this pretty icy looking wreath on the front door. I have written out a few ideas on my thrifting wish list for decorations for the front porch for winter. I need a couple of big topiarys for our wicker end tables and I would like to find some large statues to put out there.  I don't want to use a sled or snowmen because I use them for Christmas. Do you guys have any good decorating ideas for me for the front porch?
Well, that's it for our New Year's decorations. Come back tomorrow to see how we spent our New Year's.

Wishing all of you a happy and successful 2012!!!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy, He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead!" I Peter 1:3

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...