This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, January 27, 2012

It's been a busy week and I'm pooped!

Me at work August 2011
Oh my goodness, I have had a crazy busy week! Not only have I worked my regular shift of three days this week down at the doctor's office, I also worked an evening clinic on Wednesday night. 
Me cooking dinner September 2011
I continued with my regular weekly duties at home such as making dinner, baking, doing paper work and cleaning. On top of that I had four meetings this week! Two of them were Monday night; a work meeting right after work from 5:00 to 6:00 and then a Grad Night Committee meeting, in which I am the secretary, from 7:00 to 8:30. 
On Wednesday night I had a Mr. Bulldog meeting for my son at the high school from 7:00 to 8:00. This is a fun program where a group of 10 boys all work hard and put on a show to earn money for the neonatal unit at our local hospital. 
Last night Hayden and I went to meeting at the high school for his physics class for an upcoming big field trip they are taking to San Francisco. Wow, four meetings in four days, I'm bushed!
Oh, and I don't want to forget that Tuesday night we went to Hayden's basketball game. 
Yesterday was my day off from work, but my day was very busy. Hayden is hoping to play college football and he finally got his football highlight video completed and loaded on the internet. 
The next phase to this is going to the different college websites and applying to play football there.
Hayden only had a half day of school, so we were able to work on this together.
We spent the morning going through the college information and I helped him fill out the recruitment applications. There is a lot of things involved with this and we got the first one done, boy does that feel good! Now it's in God's hands and it would be so wonderful if he got an offer to play football! He's still going to apply at several more colleges, so we will see how things turn out!
The big thing that is stressing me out this week is this tamale sale we are having. Oh my gosh, how in the world did I get talked into doing this????
I am on the Class of 2012 Grad Night Committee and we are trying to raise money so that we can give the kids a fun, safe, and drug & alcohol free all night graduation party. Someone suggested that we make and sell tamales and the committee decided to do it.
We are charging $15.00 for a dozen tamales and we are making three flavors, pork, chicken and cheese. We have sold over 150 dozen tamales. Yes, I said ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOZEN!!!! That's 1,800 tamales. Oh my goodness, what have I gotten myself into????
We have been taking orders for the past couple of weeks and we are making them this Saturday. We have a good committee, but a lot of the detail work is falling on my shoulders because I volunteered to be the secretary and no one ever stepped up to be the chairperson. I don't want to be in charge! I remind everyone at every meeting that I'm just the secretary, but it seems that I end up rounding everyone up. I have helped with all of my sons all night grad parties and I really believe that they save lives because kids are not out partying, but truthfully, I will be glad when it's over!
So today will be another busy day, first I will take my walk in the morning, work all day and then go to Hayden's basketball tonight and then make tamales tomorrow. I will definitely be glad when this week is over!

Life is certainly busy, but I am truly grateful for all the blessings I have. I just need to take one day at a time, one moment at a time and pray that God gives me the strength that I need. I really want to enjoy these times.

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." Psalm 90:12


Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am tired just reading that post Sharon lol . That is a pretty jam packed week , you will not want to see another tamale after tomorrow. I will be thinkiing of you and if i lived near you I would come and help . Donna

Mardell said...

Oh my!! You ARE one busy gal, Sharon. I don't know how you do & still manage to look so good! :o) Love your attitude and your dedication. Good luck tomorrow and good luck to Hayden on his college apps.

Hope you find some restful time soon.
Have a great weekend.

Hugs!

jen said...

You are a terrific lady Sharon- you care about everyone! Even us in blockage who read your posts. You forgot to ad you blogged each day too! I have to share that you are an inspiration to me as a wife and mother. I have one 4 year old boy and I love reading your posts and learn alot-
Thank you for your blog and god bless you and your family-
The tamales sound delicious - I'd love a dozen myself- lol!
Too bad I am in Canada

All the best
Jennifer in Canada

flo said...

ohhh ! what a wonderful mother, working girl, wife.... you are !!!
I think you are very happy in these "jobs" !
I saw other posts you wrote.... so yummy the "petits ├ęcoliers" are.... you are right !! (cf : a rdv you had with a friend of you)

So disappointed I am ! you never answered to my comment.... it would be so interesting to share about our countries....

But your are excused... you are so busy !

Kisses from France

Anonymous said...

Sharon~oh my you are busy! The tamale fundraiser sounds yummy. Did I read that right...you are making them..as in making 1800 tamales! You are a good mama :) wished I lived closer..I would take a dozen!
Bree

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...