This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, December 19, 2011

A cozy christmas carol book...

I was so thrilled when I found this old Christmas Carols book at a thrift store.
We used to have this exact same book when I was a little girl and I learned how to play the piano out of it.
What I love most about this book are the illustrations.
It's illustrated by Ernest Kurt Barth.
I remember looking at these pictures as a young girl and loving all the traditional things that the family did in this book.
The pictures are so warm and cozy.
Each page is illustrated so beautifully.
There is something about these pictures that speak to me.
My childhood memories came flooding back.
I remember thinking that these pictures really depict the true merriment and spirit of Christmas and as I know that these pictures influenced me on how I wanted to be when I grew up. Of course, I have many, many other things, bigger things that influenced me and this is just a tiny thing that helped me figure out how I wanted to be as a wife and mother and how I wanted the tone of our home to be.
Family time together.
Prayer time.
Gathering of friends.
Church.
A sleigh ride.
Children nestled in their beds with sugarplum dreams.
And the children gathered around Grandpa listening to him tell the true Christmas story.

I'm so thrilled I found this book. 

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ." Ephesians 1:3

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Aunt Ruthie said...

Hi Sharon, thank you for stopping by my blog and for leaving such a sweet comment! You also asked permission to use my photos on your blog...yes!! Thank you for asking darlin'! Your blog is so cozy and homey, I can tell you are a blessing to your family!
Happy New Year Sugar!
Aunt Ruthie
Sugar Pie Farmhouse

Kathi said...

I love this song book. I used to try to play these songs on the piano. I remember these illustrations. Love ya, Kathi

nannykim said...

I love these old books--such a nice thing to have illustrations with the music!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...