This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas shopping with Hayden...

Hayden and I went Christmas shopping.
I was really looking forward to this. I have been sad with empty nest syndrome and when Hayden said he wanted to go shopping with me and wanted me to help him get a present for his new girlfriend, Chase, I was thrilled!
He got a really great idea to go to Build a Bear and make a teddy bear for Chase. I have never been to this store before and it's soooo adorable! If you are not familiar with it, you get to pick out the "shell" of the bear, then stuff it and then pick out an outfit for it. It's such a cute idea!
I could not believe my 18 year old son was doing this! It's all in the name of love! :0) First he gave the "Bear Tech" the teddy he chose and she took off the tags.
Then she hooked it up to the stuffing machine and Hayden had to use the foot peddle to fill the bear so he was just right!
The lady gave Hayden a heart to put inside the bear and he first had to kiss it....
...and then he had to twirl around with the heart over his head for good luck or happy wishes or something like that.
Once the bear was stuffed and had his heart put in, the tech sewed him up. She then told Hayden to go to the fluffing station where he brushed and groomed the bear.
After that we picked out the outfit, which is sooo adorable! It's a football uniform that just happened to be in Hayden's school colors, red and black!
And speaking of adorable, it was so adorable watching Hayden dress the bear!
The last step was to give the little bear a birth certificate!
He had to do this on the computer. Isn't the bear cute in his little football outfit!
Hayden had to name it and he came up with the name "Haybear" since it is suppose to represent him! I thought that was so cute! He then paid for it with his own hard-earned money. What a perfect gift for his first girlfriend!
After that we went out for breakfast.
Then we went to Target to get more shopping done. We were hoping Cameron was working and he was, in fact, there he is now!
He was happy to see us!
Two of my handsome sons! It was fun to talk with Cameron, but he had to get back to work. I'm so proud of him. He works so hard and is very well liked and respected at Target. This is a great job for him as he finishes college, which, he should do this coming June!!! Any way, Hayden and I said goodbye and we finished our shopping and headed for home. We had such a fun time together. I am sooo grateful that we got to have this time together. I keep thinking that next year he will more than likely be away at college and I'm not sure we'll have times like this any more.
A few days later Chase came over and she and Hayden exchanged Christmas gifts. She loved her little "Haybear". He sprayed the bear with his cologne so she will remember him when she holds it!
She bought him some nice gifts including this cute hat!
They are so cute together. What a happy time! I'm so thankful for my special shopping day with my son. I am so grateful that I have many good memories of shopping with all of my boys like this. I feel truly blessed!

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God." Philippians 1:3

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

as always starzie said...

The process in building the bear at Build a Bear is so adorable! I've known about these bears for some time but didn't know what was involved in the building part. I guess as mothers we get hit with empty nest feelings. My 26 year old daughter, my baby, is living at home at this time for financial reasons and I dread the day when she moves out! I do know she has to move out and start her life, but it is hard to let her go!
Take care!
Hugs,
Darlene

Mardell said...

Adorable!! What are the chances they'd have a football uniform in your colors? It was meant to be. Yes, your sons are very handsome!

Molly's Art Designs said...

Oh Sharon!!! That is just too sweet!!!
Blessings,
Molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...