This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A bright idea!

I wanted to share a good idea that I had with all of you. I absolutely love candles and have a lot of them all throughout our home. I just love the way that they glow and make our home feel warm and cozy. I use tealights quite often. Therein lies the problem. I keep my tealights in a plastic shoe box; when I buy them in those big bags, I just dump them in here. I keep my lighter in there too, so I'm good to go.
The problem is that when I want to reload my candles throughout the house, I carry around my box of tealights and.....
....I take the old empty tealight out of the candle holder and throw it in the same box.
Then I go to grab a new tealight and....
....more times than not I will grab a used one.
I throw it back in the box and search for an unused one.
This frustrated me so much and then I finally got smart!
It's such a simple solution, why didn't I think of it before? I simply inserted a small box inside the other one.
It's like a little garbage can!
Now I have a place to throw the used ones and I know that every time I grab one from the other side that it is a new, unused one! When the little box gets full, I simply pull it out and dump it! It's perfect!
Yea for good ideas!!!!
And while we're talking about tealights, I want to tell you another secret.
I like to pre-light my tealights, then I quickly blow them out.
Then I put them in my candle holders.
The reason I do this is that they light so much faster at the time I'm ready to light them. This is especially nice before entertaining when I have a lot of candles to light. If they are pre-lit, I can quickly run around the house ten minutes before the guests arrive and light them in a flash! It really does help! You could say it's faster than the speed of light! haha!

Have a blessed day!

"God is light and in Him is no darkness at all." I John 1:5

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Jan said...

I love it when you share those 'whoda thunkit' hints from your house. We really loved the one about cutting the corner off of your scrubby sponge when you are no longer using it in the kitchen...my family thought I was brilliant (until I told them I got it from your blog).

God bless you,
Jan

Mardell said...

Now that's using your noggin! Love it! :o) You had a "light bulb" (or should I say "candle") moment.

~JoAnn~ said...

Sharon~ What a smart idea! Also just wanted you to know that I have deleted my blog but have started a new one. No posts yet but hopefully soon. Here is the new address www.fruitofherhands2012.blogspot.com
Blessings,Joann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...