This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bag Ladies Christmas!

Friends and fellowship! Another wonderful way to celebrate Christmas!
The Tuesday before Christmas I invited a group of girlfriends over for some appetizers, a little wine and a gift exchange.
This is my group of friends called the Bag Ladies!
We met at church a long time ago and realized that we all like to shop at thrift stores, so we starting shopping all the time and we decided to name ourselves The BAG Ladies, which stands for Bargains At Goodwill. We have so much fun together!
Sisters! Virginia and Kathleen!
Me and Brenda! We don't know what the purple thing is in the picture!
We took several pictures and it kept showing up!
Could it be a ghost? haha! Finally we turned off the lights behind us and turned on the flash and it disappeared!
Eileen and Laurie. Our good friend, Gail, could not join us this time. Before we opened gifts I read a devotional and then Virginia read one. I love these strong Godly women in my life!
We had a gift exchange. We all gave used things either from a thrift store or something nice from our home that's worth about $20.00 to $25.00, but we weren't allowed to spend more than $10.00.
All the gifts were so beautiful! This gorgeous red berry and apple centerpiece was a favorite of everyone!
I wonder what Eileen will get?
Haha! She got a gorgeous ruby red bowl, but she put it on like a crown! Hee hee! We always have so much fun!
I'm so blessed with my Bag Lady girlfriends!

"Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise." Proverbs 13:20

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I just love your traditions ~ right down to the BAG Ladies! What fun! And of course you'd have to exchange something that was thrifted. ;^) Looks like everyone had a great time. I'm sure you're all looking forward to getting together for the annual get-away this year.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Kathi said...

Hi Sweet Sister. What a lovely bunch of sweet ladies. I'm so happy you have each other and have such a fun group. Hugs, Big sister, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...