This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, December 16, 2011

Would you say I'm obsessive?

Do you get like this before a party?
I mean, do you go nuts with your cleaning and clean every single thing in the house? Even to the point of moving major appliances in your pajamas? haha! I was getting ready for our annual Christmas party for a big group of our friends and I started going a little crazy!
Well, in my defense, I really did need to clean behind the stove. Look at the grease and grim back there! The only time I muster up any interest to do this is before a big party. I think the last time I did this was a year ago before our Christmas party!
I even moved the fridge out and cleaned behind there!
It's a good thing too because it was gross back there! It goes through my mind that there is a slight possibility that one of the ladies at the party could drop her diamond wedding ring and it might roll under the fridge and then we would have to move it to  find her ring and then everyone would see all of my hidden dirt! But that's just crazy talk!!! lol
Look at all the dust and garbage! My fridge is on wheels, so I have not excuse to not clean behind it more than once a year!
I'm actually not this obsessive, but I get this extra burst of energy before a party and I become determined to clean everything. I was actually balancing on top of the stair landing cleaning the entryway chandelier! 

As I was cleaning it I thought, you know what kind of friends would I have if they honestly looked at my chandelier or behind my fridge or stove and judged me for the dust and dirt? Then I thought, you know what, I don't have any friends like that! None of them would do such a thing. They are all very nice, easy going polite people who love me for me, not my clean house. This is my own issue and I know why I do it. I like to take advantage of these times to really deep clean the house, otherwise, it doesn't get done. My husband is the same way. We just get extra motivated to get it all done. 

We had our party a week ago and I have not done any more deep cleaning since then even though there are a few closets and drawers that can use it. The urgency and compulsion are gone. Hmmm....Eric and I will have to plan another party in January to get me to get those things done!

Come back tomorrow to see my clean house and all the pretty decorations!

"All hard work brings a profit." Proverbs 14:23a

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Cottonwood Tales said...

Yes - I do it ! My crazy cleaning starts on Friday !

Merry Christmas to you and your family !

God bless,
Karen in Texas

Mardell said...

You go girl!!!! :o) Those pics make you look like Super Woman! Muscles and strength moving large appliances with a single bound. LOL

jAne said...

i love how *real* you are. :o)

Kathi said...

Sharon, Yes, yes, yes. I do it too. How funny! We are two peas in a pod. Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...