This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A quiet Christmas Eve.....

This year Christmas was a little different for us.
We normally spend the evening with all of my side of the family i.e.; my family, my parents, my sisters and their children, but this year we did that a week early due to some family members being out of town including my son and his wife, Brittany. Click here to read about our early Christmas with my family.
So this year for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning it was just Eric and I and Cameron, Grayson and Hayden.
We had a quiet night, but it was really special and fun.
I set the table with pretty Christmas dishes and lit all the candles.
I just want to take a little minute and show you these vintage candle sticks that I found recently! Aren't they so cute! They add so much fun and festivity to the table!
Okay, back to my story.... I served french dip sandwiches, homemade coleslaw and french fries for dinner.
Me and my hubby!
Cameron and Hayden.
And Grayson.
After dinner we went into the family room and watched Jingle All The Way. It's such a funny movie!
After that we retired to the living room where Eric had a crackling fire going.
We had lemon pudding cheesecake pie and eggnog.
Yummy!
Even MacGyver joined us! He liked playing in the presents!
Blondie joined us too!
We had a nice quiet time...
...just talking...
...relaxing...
....and visiting.
Then Eric read the real Christmas story to us from the Book of Luke .
Eric has done this since I can remember. It's such a great tradition!
Then the boys each opened one gift. Eric got them all supplies for their trucks.
For many, many years up until this year...
...the tradition was that they opened two presents....
...a book and....
...new pajamas...
...but I knew that tradition had to end one day and it did. Last year was the last year we did that and we went out with a bang with EVERYONE wearing matching pajamas! That was so much fun! Any way, this year was different, but it was still very traditional and special. I love my family!
Oh my, it's getting late! We better get to bed so Santa can come! Hee hee!

Merry Christmas!

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mardell said...

Beautiful, Sharon! Truly beautiful. :o)

jAne said...

this Christmas eve was different for us as well. lizzie no longer lives at home so after Christmas eve service she went home .. to her home. rocky and i went home to .. to our own home. "alone." a new normal. Christmas morning we met up at church then came on home .. the 3 of us. presents were opened then dinner plans tended to for 4 guests coming to join us. ohhh to turn back the clock. :o)

***love*** your festive table. and the smiles and traditions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...