This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Santa collection....

I've been as busy as the little elves in Santa's workshop and I got all of my Christmas decorating done! I'll be showing you pictures of our Christmas decorations throughout the month.
I wanted to start out by showing my insane vintage Santa collection!
It started out so innocently with the little spun cotton Santa popping out of the cardboard snow-covered chimney. I found him sitting on a shelf at a really dirty and messy thrift store and it was love at first site!
 Then Eric's mother gave me the jolly fat ceramic Santa bank on the far right. It was Eric's when he was a little boy.
 Those were the gateway items that led me into a deep dark world of collecting any and every vintage Santa that I found.
It just didn't stop there though, I started picking up vintage snowmen, carolers, angels, choir boys, elves, etc.
Of course, I made myself feel better by hanging out with a crowd that has the same addiction, in fact, they may have had an even worse addiction than me! haha!
 What's so wrong with it?
 I'm not hurting anyone....
So what if I am always trying to make a score....
Who cares if I'm out on the corner, looking for a garage sale to find the next fix?
 Ok...ok....
I admit it....
I might have a little weakness...perhaps I do have too many....
...nah...on second thought, a girl can never have too many vintage Santa's! Hee hee!

"Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." I Corinthians 1:3

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Carol said...

Your Santa collection is amazing! I had so much fun seeing all the eye candy!

Smiles,
Carol

Mardell said...

Wow! That's a lot of Santas! It must be so fun unpacking and seeing/admiring them again. I'll go thru stuff, pull something out and think, "oh, I forgot all about that!" Lately our thrift stores just have those really cheap, tacky Dollar Store figurines etc. Show me the vintage! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...