This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It was a bit unusual for us to wake up to a gloriously sunny California day and look out at the kitchen window to see a gorgeous blue swimming pool surrounded by luscious palm trees! Regardless though, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our dear friends! I helped Rhochelle in the kitchen, we had the big football game on the TV and the aroma of delicious food was in the air! I made two pumpkin pies.
We had many dishes on the menu and had lots of work to do! Here's Rhochelle busy cooking up the sweet potatoes.
We had a very traditional Thanksgiving with a little bit of a twist. Mike smoked the turkeys instead of baking them in the oven.
Here's Mike, Brian and Eric checking on the meat.
Mmmmm! They looked delicious! Mike and Rhochelle were so sweet and they also barbecued a turkey for a dear friend.
Eric wanted a prime rib, so he bought one and the guys all smoked it too. Mmmmm!
I'm preparing some appetizers.
Haha! This picture is so funny! The Turkey Monster is attacking me!!!!I had no idea he was standing behind me like that!
Brian, Eric, Hayden and Misty were watching the game.
Time for appetizers!
Brian's good friends Mike and Gabby joined us.
Eric and Hayden played a game of cribbage.
We're getting close! It's time to carve the meats!
Mmmm! Everything is looking and smelling so delicious!
We worked hard! It was really fun though. We worked great together.
Look at that spread! Smoked turkey, smoked prime rib, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, baked sweetened yams, green bean casserole, ambrosia and rolls, plus pumpkin pie and apple pie for dessert! What a feast!
Eric, the boys and I have much to be thankful for, but we were missing Mackenzie & Brittany and Cameron.
We had a lovely Thanksgiving meal. Thank you Lord for all the many blessings and for our dear family and friends!

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting." I Chronicles 16:34

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Jan said...

It must have been very different not to spend the holiday with family as well as spend it in California sunshine.

A Thanksgiving to remember for years to come. You're making such memories. I am thankful that you share them with us.

Jan

Mardell said...

Yum! Look at all that food! Everyone looks so happy. What a blessed Thanksgiving you all had. My stepfather smoked a turkey one time in his smokehouse. Everyone thought it tasted awful (of course we didn't say anything), but Grandpa sure did! Boy was he disappointed. That was back in the mid 70's. I really can't remember if it was really all that bad? I was only about 10 yrs. old.

Are you getting ready for your big Christmas party this weekend? It's Sat. isn't it? We're expecting a bunch of snow here in NY starting tonight. Eeeek!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...