This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, December 12, 2011

Faux candles....

I'm so excited about my new faux candles! I found all three of them at a garage sale last summer and I am finally using them! I couldn't believe it when I found them, they are the perfect color and I needed the three different sizes. The best thing....I got all three of them for only two bucks!
They are so realistic looking!
They are battery operated.
They just take two double A batteries.
The best thing is they come with this fabulous remote!
Just push the button to turn them on, make them flicker or be a solid light and control the brightness! I can even put them on a 4 hour or 8 hour timer!
Can you see my old candles there on top of the armoire? This is the spot I am going to put the new faux ones. I have had three pillar candles here for many years and they are just a pain in the hiney!
First of all, to light them I need to be an acrobat and I climb on top of our wing back chair! Secondly, pillar candles are expensive! I tend to only burn these for special parties, but they burn for several hours and melt all funny. The last couple of years, just to save money, I placed little tea lights down inside them, but it was still a hassle getting up there to light them.
And thirdly,  one night I noticed that while the candles were burning brightly, they actually turned the ceiling black. Boo!
I put the new faux candles in my candlesticks and with a simple push of the remote control....
Let there be light!
Aren't they pretty! They look so realistic and they are so easy!!!
I just tucked the remote in the end table drawer and now I can "burn" these candles any time I want with no hassle!
I am so thrilled with my new faux candles. I am a believer! I will definitely be on the look out for more of them! 

"You, Oh Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light." Psalm 19:8

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Anne F said...

Oh I love faux candles especially with young children in my house. But with a remote now that is wonderful.

Thank you for such a sweet blog and for the little bible verses you put at the end of your post it is my highlite in the morning love reading your posts and the verses.

Have a great Christmas.

Hugs,

Anna

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Oh my! Those are perfect. I was never sure if they worked well or not. Now you have me as a believer! :o) It's so upsetting to have that black soot turn your ceiling black. I learned the hard way w/that too.

Love the pictures ~ esp. the last one. Hope you had a great time at your party last night. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Have a great week!

Jan said...

Wow, I never saw anything like that or I would have jumped on them, $2 or $20. What a great idea.

Got a kick out of seeing you standing on the furniture. Glad to know I'm not the only one that does that.

God bless,
Jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...