This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The easiest and most unmemorable tree picking!

Because of our trip to California during Thanksgiving, we were a bit behind schedule on preparing our home for Christmas.
At first we were planning on doing our regular tradition of going to a tree farm to pick out and cut down our  coveted Christmas tree.
But then Eric said to me, "You know, I saw that the Boy Scouts are selling trees on the corner for the same price that we would pay for one we cut down at the farm and it would save time and effort if we just bought one from them, what'da'ya think?" I said, "Well, I always like our tradition, but since it is just down to you and I with no more kids going with us, it's just not the same, so why not!"
So, we stopped in there after church and badda bing badda boom....
....within 5 minutes we picked it out, paid for it and it was in the truck. Easy peasy. Not very memorable, but it sure was nice. I figure that once in awhile it's okay to do something the easy way. I'm hopping that soon we will all go as a family again and all the boys and their wives (and fingers crossed many grandchildren) and we will all get our trees together. I would love to take hot chocolate and a snack and make a really fun, memorable day of it. But, until then, it will just be Eric and I and this is what we did this year and I'm okay with it!
Now, I better get to work! We have a ton of ornaments and it takes a lot of time to get the tree just right! Come back tomorrow to see the final product!

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us." John 1:14

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Cottonwood Tales said...

It is a beautiful tree! Besides the most important - yall help the Boy Scouts !

Have a great day,
Karen in Texas

Anne F said...

Oh my your tree looks so pretty. Wish I could have a real tree but my kids have allergies to it so I can't.
Even more wonderful that you supported a good cause when you purchased it.

Have a great day in the Lord.

Hugs,

anna

Shelley said...

Its a beautiful tree.....have fun decorating...blessings

jAne said...

finding a new rhythm in the 'empty nest' takes time - with a bit of tears and along the way. same is true with traditions .. they seem to change just a bit.

i think your tree is lovely.
even though it's a new normal, it's still very wonderful cuz you and your hubby picked it out together.

blessings,
jAne

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm sorry I have not visited your blog in about a couple of weeks. It looks like you have been busy and doing many fun traditional things with your family. I just want you to know I am reading through your blog. I love you sweet sister. Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...