This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, December 9, 2011

Cool vintage handmade ornaments....

 Last year I found this big baggie full of very cool vintage handmade ornaments.
 They were originally $2.99, but I got them 75% off! I only paid .75 cents for all of them! I stashed them away last year and forgot all about them until I unpacked our Christmas decorations this year!
 I think they are wonderful!
 Some lady had to have spent hours on these. She did a great job I might add. The craftsmanship is very good. She put a good quality gold hanger on each one.
 The hours it must have taken to cut all of these neat cards us.
 Each ball has eight sides to it.
 They actually are eight circles cut out from old Christmas cards.
 Whoever made them then folded the circles to make a triangle with the edges up.
 Then the edges are all glued together.
And glitter is added to the edges.
 These old pictures are so charming.
 I'm pretty sure these cards are from the late 60s, early 70s.
 Here's a jolly little elf playing the accordion.
 And here's a cute little kitty ringing a bell.
 Candles on the tree.
 Holly.
 More holly.
 Poinsettia.
 A sweet little blue bird wearing a Santa hat.
 I like the mod colors....
 ...prints....
 ....and designs.
 Pears.
 Another pear.
 One of the wise-men.
 A sweet angel.
 Another sweet angel.
 The nativity.
 Mary, Joseph and Jesus.
 Sweet baby Jesus.
 I thought they looked pretty in this silver bowl, but then decided....
 ...to hang them on the tree.
I think they look perfect!
 They are so interesting!
 I love that they are homemade from another time.
 They are whimsical and...
...pretty! I really appreciate the work that went into them and I am proud to own these pieces of folk art! 

P.S. I found directions on how to make them on the internet. Click here to go there. 

"May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing with hope." Romans 15:13

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

nannykim said...

This would be a cool way to use old Christmas cards!

Happy@Home said...

What a fun find. The ornaments are so cute and what a neat way to use old cards. In fact as I was reading your post I was trying to figure out if I could make them and was happy to see that you provided the instructions.
Thanks.

Mardell said...

Oooh I love these! I made some about 8 yrs. ago and YES, they are time consuming. However, mine had 16 circles. I never thought to put glitter around all the edges ~ great idea. What a wonderful way to recycle Christmas cards. These are esp. pretty ~ love the vintage graphics ~ EEeek! You got a great bargain. Wouldn't you just love to know who made them? Bless her heart.

Molly's Art Designs said...

Sharon--
I was sooo excited to see these ornaments! I made these same ornaments with my Dad when I was a girl. I think he found the instructions in a Better Homes & Garden Magazine! I have always wanted to make them again! Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...