This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

'Tis the season....

 Yesterday I unpacked my Christmas coffee mugs and had my first official cup of coffee for the Christmas season with peppermint flavored creamer! Mmmmm! I love everything about this!!!!
 I put my all time favorite Christmas CD "Christmas Guitar" on the stereo and turned it up loud.
 I also unpacked my Christmas DVD collection to put on later in the day. I watched our traditional first movie of the season, "Jingle All The Way" with Arnold Swarchenegger. Wow, this movie brings back such fun Christmas memories with my boys.
 I dug out 14 boxes of Christmas decorations from the attic....
 ...and carried them downstairs all by my little self. Needless to say, I worked up a sweat!
 I rolled up my sleeves and started decorating for Christmas and....
 ....I promptly got overwhelmed! haha! I kept at it though and worked all day, but I only got it half of it done.
I don't know if it's because I'm older, more tired, get distracted easier than I used to, or just don't have a need for urgency because I have an attitude that I can finish it later, but I do not move as fast as I used to. I did do a few other things like take care of paperwork, exercised, did my Bible study, packed up Thanksgiving decorations, cleaned the house and made dinner. Also, I had a nice little visit from my daughter-in-love, Brittany, who stopped by to pick up their Christmas decorations which they store here. We had coffee and had a lovely visit.

Yup, I'm busy, but I love it all!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

"For God so love the world that He gave His one and only son, that whosoever shall believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life!" John 3:16

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Shelley said...

You have been busy...I think getting older have a lot to do with it,in my case anyway and then my health isn't is good as it used to be either....I had help from my twin grandsons getting the tubs out...I had about eight...went through everyone and got rid of so much because I don't think I will be decorating as much as I used to..gave a lot to my girls and charity...anyway,I kept out two tubs to display and then narrowed those down to about one and a half..My home is very small though and I always have to pack away other things to make room for Christmas...not so much this time though,as I have been weeding all year. Wow...I said a mouth full,didn't I? :)
Blessings

Adrienne said...

You're a bit ahead of me! My Christmas mugs haven't been unpacked yet and my boxes aren't down from the attic yet. I have so many things and it's easy to get overwhelmed. I have been listening to my favorite Christmas music - similar to yours. Can't wait to see what you've been doing!
~Adrienne~

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I always think of you when I see a pretty Christmas mug (or any holiday mug for that matter!) Fourteen tubs is ALOT of decs. But you love it and you put everything together so well. It is a labor of love. I get really distracted too. Never used to be as bad as I am now.

Happy decorating! ♥

Mardell said...

I forgot to ask...what do you think MacGyver will think of the tree?! LOL

>^..^<

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...