This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nervous.....

 I'm going to the doctor this morning......
 ....I'm just having a little preventative care procedure done today.
 Without going into too many details.....
 ....I just want to ask you to pray for me that things all go great; that the procedure will go smoothly and the findings will be negative.  Millions of people do these procedures every year when they turn 50. Yesterday I had to be on a clear liquid diet and drink a prep which "cleansed" my system. I usually am pretty brave about these things, but I'm a tad bit nervous this morning. People tell me that you don't remember a thing after it's over.
The doctor I work for said that it would be foolish to die from a preventative cancer when it is so easily detectable, especially if you have insurance. I am trying to be responsible and get all my preventative testing done this year. I want to do this for my family.

But I'm still nervous.

"Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well." 3 John 1:2

UPDATE!!!  Everything went perfectly well! They gave me versed, which just knocked me out and I don't remember a thing. I was extremely tired when I got home and took a long nap. I had two side effects, a really bad headache and a very sore right hip. Other than that, I'm feeling great and so glad that I got it done. They did find a polyp and removed it and sent it to the lab. I pray that it will not be cancerous, which I'm sure it will be fine. I want to encourage all of you out there who are over 50 to get this lovely thing done! It could save your life!

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

jAne said...

praying right now.
my hubby had this done in the springtime .. i need to do this as well.

as always starzie said...

Hi Sharon!
You are in my prayers! I know you are going to be just fine! I need to do this procedure also. My husband has done it and said it was nothing to worry about! you will feel so much better when this is all done knowing you are perfectly healthy!
Take care and God Bless!

Hugs,

Darlene

adsgram said...

The 'prep work' for that is the worst part. Keeping a prayer that you will be/are fine! Good job taking care of business, Sharon!

Lynne

Mardell said...

Good for you, Sharon. We all love you and are proud of your bravery! Look at how you're smiling in that hospital gown. You rock! You constantly amaze me. Hope it all went well ~ I am seeing this rather late.

Thinking of you and praying that everything went ok.

PS: My computer crashed and haven't been able to visit your blog. Trying to catch up. It's always so nice to come here. ♥

Sending big hugs!

Sue said...

Hope everything turned out well, Sharon. I am due for mine,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...