This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, November 10, 2011

My third baby has officially left the nest.....

I'm going to miss seeing his wallet and his keys sitting on the entryway table....
...I'm going to miss seeing his blue lunchpail sitting on the stairs....
.....I'm going to miss seeing him at 6:00 in the morning when he gets ready for work...
....and talking with him as he makes his lunch.....
.....and eats his breakfast.
Blondie's going to miss him too. Every morning Grayson would talk with her, pet her and play with her. Yep, Blondie's going to miss him too.
Now...I'm not so sure I will miss his messy room though! haha!
Boo-hooo, his room is full of boxes ready to be packed.....
....and now he's packing....
......and finally washing all of those mountains of laundry in his room!
I was hanging around watching him pack and going down memory lane with him.
Here's a funny thing we found; this old end table that used to be in between Grayson and Hayden's beds when they shared a room.
Grayson opened it up to get his stuff out and he saw these old pieces of masking tape inside and he said, "Haha, remember when Hayden and I did this Mom?" They put tape down the center and marked their names to split the space in half. Oh, the good old days!
He always had interesting things on his walls.....
...typical little boy things that he just left up as he grew up. Cool things like two snake skins that he actually dried. One was from a rattler that came up to the fire pit while Eric was camping with the boys!
He also has fun finds from Goodwill and garage sales like the reproduction antique key ring with skeleton keys and the cool gold mask.
An old picture of him when he was little with a wonderful wooden log truck that the neighbor made for him. The blue house in the background was our old home, what good memories we had there!
And a picture of him hold a big fish that he caught with his dad.
He's a fascinating person with lots of interests and hobbies. He is interested in history and even hung a copy of the Declaration of Independence on his wall.
He also likes astronomy and has a large telescope.
Well, he's packed up ready to take a load over to the new house. Eric and I gave him a little going away gift.
This is what we gave to the older two boys when they moved out. Its a bucket filled with small things to make his new place feel like home.
One last cup of coffee with Mom and Dad before he hits the road.
On the outside I look fine, but....
...on the inside I'm a little sad.
Grayson said, "Well, it looks like the dog and cat are coming with me!" and I looked up to see this! Both Blondie and MacGyver got up in the truck!
Eric and I helped him move over some of his stuff.
His first lazy boy! haha!
A tree needs to come down in Grayson's front yard. Since Eric cuts trees for a living, he was scoping it out. Grayson was watching from inside the kitchen window. I stopped at MacDonald's and brought over some lunch.
Then we all went to Home Depot to help Grayson buy a lot of things.
We had many things on the list!
Looking for a new fan/light fixture for his bedroom.
He bought so much stuff!
I scrubbed and sanitized his whole kitchen for him. It felt really good to do that.
Well, this is the final goodbye.
It feels surreal.
He hugged us and said goodbye to all of us.
We're so happy for him, but it's sad.
Goodbye Grayson, I love you!

Once again, all of our lives are forever changed. This is a good thing, but my heart still hurts. I felt the same way when the older two boys left. Now we are down to one child here at home with us. Eric, Grayson and Hayden all seem to be adjusting quite well, but I'm having a hard time. I'm in transition and it's a hard place to be. I miss him, but I am also surprised that his leaving has brought up the old feelings of deep sadness when my first son graduated from high school and then when the two older boys moved out. I am reminiscing about the good old days of when all of my four beautiful little boys were all here and we had so many really good memories. It just hurts. It really hurts. I don't like these feelings. I'm praying that God will help me get through this quickly. I feel like I'm kind of a mess.....

"O' Lord, have mercy on me in my anguish. My eyes are red from weeping; my health is broken from sorrow." Psalm 31:9

Hugs, Sharon

9 comments:

jAne said...

{{{* gentle embrace *}}}

your mama-heart is hurting
and i understand. bless you
dearly, sharon.

gin said...

Awww...we mom's do get sad, but Grayson is thrilled. We have been thru the same thing 3 times. I always remind myself that when I was 20 years old I too was so ready to be out on my own, (i was getting married though). So I remind myself how excited I was to have my first place, and that kind of makes me be thrilled for my kids for their first place. Wishing you a happy and joyful day!

Mary Anne said...

Saying some prayers for you... Blessings...<><

Crows, Suds and Cinnamon said...

I have 3 boys that are the same age as your oldest 3. I have them all still at home but I know that the time is quickly coming to an end and I am already a wreck. My middle son will be moving 10 hrs. away to San Francisco next spring and I hope it takes a while to get here. I know we are supposed to let them go and be proud of our boys, that we did a good job to ready them for the world. Just wish it didn't hurt so dang much. Reading your posts help so much. I feel like I have a friend who is going through the same thing so thank you for sharing this with us.
Jill
lovecrafting@gmail.com

Cottonwood Tales said...

Awww...I know how you feel...I have two sons and it hurts, but turn it into happiness !! Start thinking about what you can do with his room (maybe a sewing room? Craft room?) It helps to plan something good and positive to hide the pain of empty nest.

After a while, you will adjust to it and it is kinda fun - getting to do a lot of things you havent had the chance before because you were raising young men !!

Hugs to you from Texas!
Karen

Shelley said...

I know that feeling...it gets better but,I still have my days...with my eldest 36...I still remember that little girls braids hanging softly down her back...same with all the other three....my youngest is 19 and in and out between home and his god parents....but in March he is off to boot camp and becoming a US Marines...when they are too big for mama to hold their hands any longer then God holds them,what a comfort....blessings

Mardell said...

Aahhh Sharon, this post brought a tear to my eye. I know how much your hurting inside; and yet you're happy for him at the same time. My son is 23 and still lives at home. I don't know what I'll do when he decides to leave.

Grayson's house has alot of potential! Looks like he won't be doing much laundry until that room gets fixed. Lots of projects...but which one first?

Good luck to him! (I loved that pic of Blondie and MacGyver in the back of the truck! LOL)

Sending you big hugs.

Jan said...

It looks like a wonderful house that will quickly become a 'home' to Grayson, even if Mom isn't ready yet. My oldest asked one day what I thought a good age would be for my kids to move out. I thought 60 sounded mighty fine, lol.

I got a kick out of the messy room. My middle son was guilty of having a messy room, but now that he's a home owner, his house is always so neat and tidy. I'm sure you'll be proud of what a great house keeper Grayson becomes.

Praying for your family!

Jan

Randi Jo :) said...

awww I can only imagine what you are going through. I have had the most difficult time sending my son to kindergarten! I know it's all gonna go by so quickly. Your blog always really stirs my affections for my family and for treasuring our time. I love that the boys all played football - how fun! You all seem like such an all american family. we too love sports! :) I am praying for you - I can't imagine how hard it is to let them leave the nest.... seems like such a crazy world we live in - to devote everything in yourself to these beings for 18+ years and then they leave! BUT we'd rather them leave then have something wrong healthwise or something that wouldn't let them grow up! We are so thankful for all God does in their lives and for watching them spread their wings. Seems to me you all have such a close relationship and that that won't change but will just get stronger as absence will make their heart grow fonder for Mommy! thanks for sharing ur life :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...