This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, November 4, 2011

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.....

 Have you heard that phrase before? "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." I really believe it's true. If I see something cute, I will copy it. I'm a copy cat! I admit it! A lot of times, I get great ideas by observing other women and how they dress. The key to this though is to tweak the look a bit and make it your own. Since the invention of the digital camera, I have felt more free to snap quick pictures of good fashion ideas and tuck them away for later. Here are three examples.
 Last spring we were at one of Hayden's track meets and this lady came and sat by me. I thought she was so put together and so cute! I LOVED the look of her patterned socks with her clogs. I have worn plain white socks for probably the past 15 years! I used to wear fun patterned socks, but I some how quit over the years. I wanted to remember how cute she looked, so I ever so cleverly and casually took a picture of her cute jeans, socks and shoes. I wanted to remember this look and copy it sometime in the future.
 Well, fast forward about three months and here I am! Eric and I were headed to one of Hayden's football games and we stopped to shop on the way there. I saw these darling argyle socks in the high school colors and remembered that cute lady at the track me and I just HAD to have them!
I just happened to be wearing clogs and jeans and I thought to myself, "Oh, I can look cute like the lady from the track meet, I'll buy them and put them on in the car!" Haha! So I quickly changed my socks in the car and put on the new ones!
 Pretty cute, huh! They just might be lucky socks too! The Bulldog's won that night! Haha!
This next fashion idea one was not really a total rip off, but one that kind of evolved. This is a picture of me walking with my two sisters, Kelli and Kathi and my daughter-in-law, Brittany.
 I love this outfit that Kathi has on and every time I see her wear it I always think she looks so cute.
So one day when I was at a garage sale and saw this little gray and black striped t-shirt for .50 cents, it reminded me of Kathi's cute top and I copied her and pared it with skinny jeans, flip flops and a long silver chain! Thanks for the idea Kathi!
 Isn't this girl cute! I saw her in the grocery store and I loved her outfit! I realize that she is about twenty years younger than me, but I thought I could probably copy the look and pull it off. I like it that even though she's wearing a mini skirt, it is really modest with the tights and flat boots. Disclaimer: If you are going to sneak and snap a picture of someone...be really careful because they might get angry. Also, it wouldn't hurt to just ask for permission too. The person would probably be totally flattered that you asked. I was just really careful and snapped a quick picture when no one was looking.
 So after that I was on the hunt for a mini-skirt, but because I am 50 years old, I was looking for a longer, more modest skirt. I finally found one at thrift store!
 I pared it with a black sparkly top, a black hooded sweater, the black tights and flat black boots.
I wore this outfit to town to run errands and I felt really cute. So thank you girls out there who give me good ideas! And if you see me wearing an outfit like you, please don't be mad, just realize that imitation is truly the most sincere form of flattery!

"She is clothed in fine linen and purple." Proverbs 31:22b

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

jAne said...

:o) like a new hair-do, sometimes a new outfit sets one's self to rights. :o) love this post. you're cute.

Sue said...

Great job! Sharon.
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...