This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas party invites....

For the past 8 years we have had a very fun Christmas party for our friends in our little town. It has gotten to the point where our friends really look forward to it and tell us that we HAVE to have another one! Since it's tradition, we decided to throw another one this year. I have to be really organized and start thinking about it in October. I pick the date and I send a "save the date" invitation. Then in November I start putting the invitation together and ready to mail. Our party will be the second Saturday in December and my goal is to get this in the mail no later than three weeks prior to that. Today I wanted to show you how I do our invitations.
I found these cute invites at St. Vincent De Paul last year after Christmas.
They were marked .45 cents each, but they were 75% off so I ended up paying .45 cents for all four packages of them! What a sweet score!!!! I just pack them away and pull them out the following November.
I prefer to have blank cards, but these have the little blanks inside to fill out. I don't like to fill these out because it's a lot of work and I don't care for how it looks, so.....
I type up what I want to say on the computer and I size it to fit the invitation and  then print it. I try to get as many as I can on one sheet of paper to save the paper. I use paper-stock and I don't like to waste it.
Then I cut them...
...and glue them into the invitations.
This is very easy!
It looks pretty slick doesn't it!
There! I'm all done!
Oh-oh, I ran into trouble! That's what I get for getting discount inviations! The envelopes are sealed shut! They were probably stored in a moist place and the glue sealed up.
No problemo! I simply used my letter opener and gently pried them open.
Then I used my handy glue stick and sealed them shut! Whew! Problem everted!
I wanted to show you some of the cute ones that I have sent in the past. I have gotten wise and purchased the on clearance after Christmas. This saves me about $20.00!
Well, they are all sealed....
.....stamped and.....
....delivered! Now we wait for them to come!!!

"The Lord has done great things for us! We are glad!" Psalm 126:3

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...