This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, October 17, 2011

My 50th birthday party!

Okay, so most of you know that I turned 50 about a month ago and I showed you how I spent my day. I had a wonderful, wonderful birthday...actually it was more of a birthday weekend! Click here to read about it.
Any way, the few months prior to the big 5-0, I started thinking about how I wanted to celebrate it. I considered a big huge evening party with all our family and friends with delicious food and drink with a band and dancing, but that's really not me. I realized that what I really wanted to do was have a sweet small gathering with just my immediate family on my birthday, have a weekend get away with my husband and a few weeks later I wanted to have a big luncheon with all my lifetime girlfriends! So that's what I did!
This sounds kind of morbid, but I thought if I were to die, who would come to my funeral? Then I thought, why not invite all of them to a party while I'm living! Why do we wait until someone is gone to gather together? So I compiled a very long list of neat ladies in my life that have meant a lot to me, old friends, new friends, sisters, aunts, mothers, etc. and invited everyone! I reserved a room at one of my favorite restaurants and invited everyone!
On the day of the party I was so nervous! Even though I invited everyone and I knew all the ladies that were coming, I suddenly felt shy and nervous that they were all coming for me! I asked my sister if she would be the master of ceremony for the event and she sweetly obliged me. She asked every lady to stand, say their name, tell how they know me and what I mean to them. It was so unbelievable for me to hear what the ladies said. They were all so sweet and kind. I was so very touched. Kathi also took all of these pictures! Thank you so much Kathi!
My beautiful mother and sisters! Kathi, Kelli, me and Mom.
My precious mother-in-law and I.
Here I am with my new dear friend, Peggy.
My precious friend, Shannon, who I have known since high school and her darling mother, Mareta who often calls me her 4th daughter!
My good friends who are sisters, Wendy, Wanda and Vonda. I have known Wanda since I was 12! We all ended up working at a department store many years ago and we all became close. Later we all played Bunko together!
Mareta with one of my Bag Lady friends, Virginia!
Me with two more Bag Lady friends, Kathleen and Laurie. We all met in church many years ago.
Me with the girls from work, Kristi, Sue and Sarah. It is such a blessing to have your co-workers cross over and become your best friends! :0)
Me with Sheila, a dear friend who lived down the street and we were high school friends along with Carla and Lisa, who I worked with at a department store 22 years ago! I also played Bunko with Carla and Lisa.
My dear friend and walking partner, Shelley.
My two lovely aunts and my lovely cousin, Josephine, Maudie and Pammy.
More Bag Ladies! Brenda, Virginia and I.
Virginia is always so adorable! Look at her darling shoes which match her jacket perfectly!
Vonda and I with Kathy. Kathy and I met through church about 15 years ago and then we realized we lived in the same town and our sons are really good buddies!
Wendy, Peggy and I. Wendy and Peggy just met, but they really hit it off and realized they have a lot in common!
My friend Angie stopped by to say hello and wish me happy birthday. Her daughter is going to homecoming with my son, Hayden, tonight!
Me with the W sisters! Wanda, Vonda and Wendy!
Here's all of the sisters! Kathi, Wendy, Me, Vonda, Wanda and Kelli!
Here I am showing off my cool vintage bejeweled Enid Collin's purse! What a great day I had!!!
I am so blessed! I said no gifts, but I still got a few!
I received all kinds of fun goodies!
Including my very own tiarra! Hahaha!
A sweet little pin that says, "Birthday Queen"
Too funny! It's a pen that says, "50...time is running out!" and it has an hour glass on the end! Both of my sisters gave me darling gifts that I shared yesterday.
Wow, I received so many lovely cards. I felt very loved today!
Even though it seems a bit conceded to throw your own party, I highly recommend it! I had a great day and so did all of my friends! This is exactly how I wanted to celebrate my 50th birthday! I am truly blessed with so many wonderful friends! I felt so loved and so blessed! 

"Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples! Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; tell of all His wondrous works!" Psalm 105:1-2




Hugs, Sharon 

2 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow, what a fun party you had! You should have taken a pic of you w/your tiara! You are truly blessed w/the friends you've made and your sweet family. ♥♥♥ Love your outfit right down to the owl purse. I remember when you bought that a few yrs. ago ~ or was it last year? Cuteness. So glad you had a grand time and great turnout. Shows you how special you are and how much you are loved!

Love the presents your sisters bought you, too. So sweet. Can't wait to see where you hand the needlepoint picture.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

You are a great looking 50!! My daughter has her big one next year 9/2012.

Haven't been here in a while, came over from Adrienne's, looks like all of you had a nice time together!

Happy Belated Birthday!

Katherine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...