This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, September 23, 2011

Hayden's 18th birthday!

We recently celebrated our baby boy's 18th birthday! I'm sure he gets sick of being called the baby, lol, but he will always be our baby! Even though he is 18 and grown up and mature, he's still my little Hayden! :0)
I had to get up early and go to work and he didn't have to be to school until 9:30, so I let him sleep in.  I did, however, give him a good morning kiss and I made him some chocolate chip pancakes, put them on the "You are special" plate, put a candle in them and left them on the counter for him along with a note wishing him a happy birthday!
Because I had to work that day and I couldn't come home at lunch, I set the table for his birthday celebration dinner in the morning before I left for work. I knew I would run out of time in the evening.
Hey, I have a cute little furry helper there! :0)
Hayden gets the special plate for dinner too!
It was really nice that Cameron and Brittany helped me make dinner!
I love cooking their favorite meal on their birthdays!
Cameron's making the sauce.
Eric, Grayson and Hayden talking and waiting for dinner.
The family! It looks like Mackenzie is telling one of his stories!
Hayden requested a funny meal...chipped ham on toast, bacon and peas!
Cameron, Grayson and Hayden.
Beautiful Brittany!
Me and my four handsome sons! I am so blessed!
Time for cake! Well...it's not cake, he requested a lemon pudding cheesecake pie.
Make a wish!
Yea! You got them all Hayden, your wish will come true!
Time for presents!
I always buy the kids a couple of second hand gifts from Goodwill. This year he got a giant Oreo candle!
And a nice journal.
He got nice cards and gifts from his brothers.
Sweet!
We are pretty traditional with our birthdays, a dinner of the birthday person's choice, blow out the candles, open the gifts and then eat cake!
It's so fun to hang out and be together!
Here's his big present from Mom and Dad! :0)
It's a rifle!
He was pretty excited!
It's his first gun of his very own!
Mackenzie figured out something to do with the lens covers! Haha!
Afterwards the brothers all went outside to spend some special brother time together by smoking cigars.
Now that Hayden is 18, he finally gets to join his older brothers with this after dinner custom.
Hayden had a great birthday! I still can't believe he's 18 years old! He's a man now. Wow! All of our boys are men now. It's hard to believe! Time has gone by so fast! We are so very proud of Hayden and know that God has so many wonderful things in store for him!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Jan said...

What a great celebration! Family times are the best, aren't they?

Happy birthday to the baby, lol!

God bless you,
Jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...