This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

God's Word is so good!

Auh, how I love these times.....it's early morning and I have my coffee...
I lit some candles and have my cozy lights on.
It's my quiet time with the Lord. I love these daily appointments with God.
I like to spend about an hour in prayer, journaling and reading the scriptures.
Some days I'm in a hurry and I can't spend that much time, so I will just open up a book in the Bible and read the scriptures that I have highlighted in the past. I love the passage above that reads:

"Give ear to my words, O Lord, Consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry. My King and my God. For to You I will pray. My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord. In the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up." Psalm 5:1-3

You know that in the Bible it says that God's word is alive! And I believe it! On this very day that I was reading and kind of skipping around in my Bible, I was feeling blue. I have been hit hard again with the empty nest syndrome or as I like to call it " The empty nest blues" and these scriptures that I found were perfect for me! It is so comforting to know that David, who was known as having a  heart was after God's own heart, would get down too and he asked God to give ear, listen to his cries and consider his meditation. God was faithful and did listen to David and God did comfort David and he comforts me.
Here's another really good one:

"But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy because You defend them. Let those also who love Your name be joyful in You. For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous with favor. You will surround him as with a shield." Psalm 5:11-12

God's telling me to rejoice, put my trust in Him and shout for Joy because he will defend me. He calls me to be joyful in Him. God promises that He will bless the righteous with favor and surround me as with a shield! Wow, what a beautiful picture!
Psalm 9:1-2 says:
"I will praise You, O Lord with my WHOLE heart!!! I will tell of all of Your marvelous works! I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most high!" 

Being joyful and glad is a choice. The scripture above states "I WILL be glad", not I will try to be glad or I wish I could be glad, but I can't. Nope, it states, "I WILL be glad!" Joy is a fruit of the spirit. God wants us to have His joy. We get His joy by worshiping and praising Him, reading His words, being thankful, trying our best to abide by His laws and to try and live like Christ, asking for forgiveness and being forgiven. It's a simple formula, but we tend to make it harder than it needs to be or we tend to want to forget a step.
I love this one! It reads:

 "The words of the Lord are pure words, Like silver tried in a furnace of earth. Purified seven times." Psalm 13:6

God's words are PURE WORDS! I am so thankful that He gave us His words!
"I will love you O, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My  God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord who is worth to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies." Psalm 18:1-3

Thank you Father in Heaven for giving us the Bible, Your Words, to read. Thank you for all you do in our lives. We worship an awesome God who is worthy to be praised! 

Ladies, if you are not getting your daily spiritual nutrition from reading the Bible every day and spending  uninterrupted, devoted prayer to God, I highly recommend that you start now. It is vital to your walk with God and with your relationships in your life with your husband, children, family, friends and co-workers, etc. In our crazy world of uncertainty today, it is critical that you are well equipped, stocked up, and you are clothed in the armor of God to go out and face it all. 

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12


Hugs, Sharon

8 comments:

Cottonwood Tales said...

Wonderful post Sharon !
Each morning I ask the Lord to bless me going and bless me coming as I walk out the door to go to work.

Love reading your blog !
Have a blessed day,
Karen in Texas

Shelley said...

I agree...I love reading the Psalms..whenever one is feeling blue,there's nothing better to do than going to God's word. Thanks for sharing....blessings

Jan said...

Sharon, your words came at a perfect time. I lost my husband two weeks ago, very suddenly and if it were not for God's word, I don't know that I could go on. I am so thankful for my relationship with my God.

God bless you,
Jan

Rose of Sharon said...

Jan, I am so so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.....

Kathi said...

Sharon, I agree totally, that
it is God's Word that sustains us. We could not make it through the day without Him. His Word is so powerful. I just now took time to read the posts of yours which I have missed. I'm so happy Brittany had a lovely birthday and that your sweet co-worker had such a sweet wedding. Loved your pears and your potato salad recipes. I love you and I am so glad you are my little sister. Kathi

elizabeth said...

I loved this post. Thanks for sharing your devotions with us!

Mrs. Preston said...

LOVE IT! Thank you Sharon, it's so true! PTL!!! Lord help us to feed on your pure word for the spiritual nourishment we need to grow in our relationship with you, help us Lord especially on our busy days! Pick us back up when we neglect you daily word. You are a loving father. I LOVE your encouragement and wise words, I thank You! :)

Adrienne said...

Beautiful post to read early this morning - just before I begin some quiet time. I love those early morning times when the world around me is quiet and I can hear the voice of the Father through His Word. Thank you for sharing your quiet moments with us.
~Adrienne~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...