This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Globe bowl...

Here's a super cute idea that I found in a magazine!!!! It's so simple too! You simply take an old globe, take off the hardware and then gently with a screwdriver and hammer, crack it in half!
There is a natural divide where they put the globe together and it should pop in half quite easily!
Then you have a super cool bowl!
I'm using it to hold our Halloween candy in this year, but possibilities are endless! It would be great to serve chips in for a going away party or for a study group, a teacher could use it for her class room, you could put neat old rocks or pine cones in it in a study, etc. How fun!!!

"In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth!" Genesis 1:1

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow, that is really cool! I have an old globe (dumpster find), but I'd be reluctant to dissect it tho. Looked up the value & it was pretty pricey on Etsy and Ebay. However, if I come across any that aren't so old, this is surely a great idea. Thank you!

I saw on a blog somewhere where the lady cut out a Santa and his sleigh w/reindeer in a black paper (silhouette style) and adhered it to her globe. She used it for her Christmas deco. I thought that was a neat idea too.

Hope you're enjoying your Fall weather. Sure is gorgeous here in NY. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...