This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, September 30, 2011

A true Home Sweet Home....

One of the guys that my husband works with had his annual summer barbecue in his backyard. His name is Ron and he has a delightful wife named, Allison, and this is their home.
I did not get a picture of Allison at the party, so here is one of her and Ron with Eric and I at the company Christmas party last year. Both Ron and Allison are strong Christians and they are both very friendly. The first time I came to one of these parties, I didn't know anyone and they were both so friendly, and Allison in particular made me feel so welcomed.
He works on the logging crew and he's a shovel operator. He works hard for a living. All of the men at this party work very hard for their livings. What impresses me about Ron is that he is so very proud of his job and the company he works for. He has a lot of logging paraphernalia all over his backyard and even inside the house. I am impressed with Allison because she seems just as proud as he is! I told Eric that I would like to display more things about his job throughout our home.

I thought it was cute because these signs led us to the backyard where the party was. One says, "Logging Use Only" and the other one says, "Road Closed Logging Use Only".
Here's Ron flipping burgers for the gang.
This little baby was sooo precious and sweet!
We brought a tray of Eric's famous smoked salmon to share and everyone really enjoyed it!
It was a fun party.
Ron's father was a logger too, but he has been retired for a few years now. He likes to do woodworking and he made the neat replica of an old fashioned logging donkey that they are using as a centerpiece in this photo. I love the family pride and the work pride that this family has!
They had quite a crowd there.
There was lots of delicious food!
Mmmm! It's a delicious 7 layer Mexican dip! Yummers!
Somebody made these adorable fir tree and spotted owl cupcakes! Aren't they cute!
Their home is modest, but it is so clean, tidy and cozy.
For some reason when I walk into it, I just feel the love. You can tell that people live there, really LIVE there, it's not just a showcase look like out of a magazine.
Their kitchen is so cute with the white cabinets.
It's not very big, but there is a place for everything and everything is in it's place.
I love the cozy lace curtains.
They have some little cubby shelves on a counter on the other side of the kitchen table where Allison displays her pretty things and family photos. There is a bulletin board on the wall to the left of the picture and they have pinned pictures of missionaries and children from other countries. I am sure they have it there in the kitchen to remind them to pray for them. It is so touching and so humbling.
There are family pictures displayed proudly all down the hallway. I love the picture with the cross on it displayed proudly front and center. To me, they have it figured out. They know their priorities. They are strong Christians, they have a solid, happy marriage, they have raised two really good kids who are going to college and working, they both work hard at their jobs, they do work for their church, they love their family and they have lots of friends.
In the backyard Rob has made a miniature version of a logging site.
There's a yarder, chokers, and a loader.
It's user friendly for children, but the adults liked to play with it too!
He was so clever and used old fishing reels for the kids to pull the ropes.
The children were having fun for hours!
They have beautiful flowers in their yard.
They have many of these neat wooden chains displayed that Ron's dad whittled out of solid pieces of wood! Pretty amazing!
Do you see the face in the tree?
I like her pretty flower beds under her kitchen window and I love the old insulators that she has in the window.
Here's a cute little bench with some birdhouses sitting on it.
They have a darling garden area. I love the picket fence and this cute gate.
It's all so neat and tidy.
What a bountiful garden!
It's so well kept!
They used an old kitchen baker's rack for the grape arbor! How clever!
Here's more logging paraphernalia. This is a giant old pulley.
And here are some choker collars for logging. 
I think it is easy for us to get all caught up in the current decorating styles and trends. We look at all the beautiful photos on the internet, on blogs and in magazines and we think we need to have a show place. I guess I'm old fashioned. To me home is where the heart is. Home is where love is. I don't want it to be sterile and look like a furniture store. I want my home to feel welcoming and full of love.  I want it to feel like Ron and Allison's.

I love to visit their home. 

“Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. Marry and have sons and daughters." Jeremiah 29:5-6a

Hugs, Sharon

6 comments:

Sue said...

Beautifully written Sharon. There is indeed a difference between a house and having a home.
Sue

jen said...

Lovely and inspiring! Well put!

Jen

jen said...

Lovely and inspiring! Well put!

Jen

Erin said...

I love a more homey home.

Erin

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Such a lovely post. Wonderful people and families enjoying each others company. It looks like so much fun. Your friends have a beautiful home and I really enjoyed the tour. The wood chains blew my mind! I HAVE to show my husband. I simply cannot imagine how much time it must have taken to make those. WOW. Truly, what an amazing family. You are all blessed indeed.

Hugs to you! ♥

Kathi said...

Sharon, Thank you for sharing this post with me. I love their dear home too. I want my house to be a home also. Thank you for encouraging me and for writing such loving things about other people. Hugs, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...