This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, September 12, 2011

Marble tray...

I've been looking for a marble tray to set on the counter in my kitchen to hold my utensils, knife set, olive oil, etc. and I finally found one! I have recently been collecting small marble accessories for my kitchen, I have a rolling pin, a glass cake dome with marble plate, a small cheese dome and plate, a utensil holder and a mortar and pestle. Marble is so classic and has an old world feel to it. I love it! My dream is to one day have all my kitchen counters made of marble or at least a center island with a marble top.
It was only $2.99 at St. Vinnies!
It's the perfect oval shape that I wanted!
The top is finished, but the sides are roughly cut and are not finished, so I'm thinking that someone cut this themselves.
I thought it was worth a try even though it was a bit rough because I have been looking for quite awhile and have not found anything. Also, I will ask my darling husband if he might be able to use his electric sander on it to smooth it out and I will go to the hardware store to find some kind of product to finish it and seal it.
I am very pleased with how it looks! I also am pleased that all my junky cooking accessories fit on it to nicely!
Let's take a closer look at what I have on my new tray. I recently found this adorable green cream and sugar set at a thrift store for $2.99.
It reminds me of Fiesta-ware.
Lately my hubby has been really into barbecuing and smoking meats and I got tired of not having enough steak knives, so I went to Goodwill and loaded up on them. I only picked out really good quality ones and only paid between .50 cents and $1.00 for them. Now we have plenty!
I also have our buttery popcorn salt shaker sitting there. Isn't it such a cute container! This is also a thrift store find at $1.99.
This is a very special pepper mill. It was handmade out of Myrtle wood by my hubby's good friend, Mike. He gave it to us as a housewarming gift when he came and stayed with us in November. He has a little side business of making and selling rare wood bowls, trays, pepper mills, etc. He has given us many neat wooden gifts over the years.
Another recent garage sale find is this beautiful olive oil decanter. It was brand new with the tags still on it and I paid just .50 cents! I have never had a olive oil decanter and I am finding that I use it a lot!
 I want to find the perfect knobs to put the bottom for feet. I'm thinking it would be great to find marble knobs, but I think crystal would look good too.
I love the whole look of it!

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock." Matthew 7:24-25

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Sue said...

Love marble too Sharon, it is great for rolling out cookies. I had one loaned it out and never got it back, they moved and lost it in the move. I would so love to go thrifting with you. You find the neatest things and at such great prices.
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...