This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, September 16, 2011

MacGyver's big day...

Oh, poor kitty, he has to go to the doctor today......
....for that unspeakable act that us humans do to our kitties to keep the cat population down because we love them. He's also getting his first series of vaccinations as well.
Poor little MacGyver, he doesn't know what's coming. I feel a little guilty about it, like I'm taking away his manhood or something, but the vet reassured me that he is too young to even know what he'll be missing and he will adapt just fine.
We had to wait in the exam room for awhile. He was being so sweet and he didn't even cry. I decided to let him out of his crate and walk around a bit. He seemed a little nervous, but he was purring constantly, so much so that when the doctor came in to examine him, she could not hear MacGyver's heart over his purring! She ended up taking him out into the waiting room to get him to stop, but that didn't work, so she took him into the bathroom and ran water and that didn't help, so she finally got him near a dog and he stopped! I was really proud of him that he was so cheerful!
Bye, bye MacGyver. I hope your surgery goes well and you recover perfectly. I love you little kitty!
8 hours later....
I went back to the vet eight hours later and I was so anxious to see him. I was so relieved when they told me that he did really well through surgery and he's recovering nicely. When the vet brought him to me she said that he was one of the cutest kitties ever. She said he really is a sweetie pie. Awe...that made me feel good.
Poor little groggy kitten. He was so sweet and quiet on the way home, but he did start to cry a little and I felt so bad. I swung into the gas station where Hayden was working so he could visit MacGyver. Hayden reached in the car and held MacGyver for a second; it was so precious, I wish I would have taken a picture.
When we got home, Blondie came out to the car to greet us. It was like she knew something was up with her best friend.
I let them say hello to each other.
Blondie was being extra sweet to MacGyver and licking him.
He was not feeling very good, you could just tell. I gave him the pain medication that the doctor gave us.
Oh, you just get some good sleep now.
Sweet dreams baby.
This is just the cutest thing I've ever seen, he actually has his little paw under his cheek, resting his little head on it.
I have never seen an animal do that before.
It's so sweet!
He finally fell into a deep sleep and got the rest he needed. Blondie didn't understand why her wrestling partner couldn't play, but finally, after a few hours........
...they were back at it. What a relief to see MacGyver back to his old self again. I feel really good, we did the responsible thing, he has recovered 100% and he is back to his old playful self again.

Remember to spay and neuter your pets, it's the right thing to do!

"A good man takes care of his animals." Proverbs 12:10a


Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon, What an adorable kitten!! And, what a cute post about him. I love his sweet lil' photos and love the kitty clock you put on for time out. So sweet!

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Aaaaww ~ he's so sweet. Glad he made thru his surgery ok. He'll be a much happier kitty, more content etc. You'll notice a big difference. How cute about the purring!! I love how you take pictures. I'm in awe.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Awww, I feel your pain! He looks like a real sweetie! Now will you be getting him declawed too? I had never had that done to my cats when I was little, but the cats we have had the last twenty years came to us that way (and one we did that to), and after the initial pain, it does seem like a good thing....... although I just remembered, we live on a busy street, so all of our cats are inside only kitties....... anyway - cats are wonderful!!!

Hugs from Michigan - Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...